“Great food”

Palmers Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: School
Description: Palmers restaurant carries a 25 year tradition of quality food and service. We are now part of the only dine in movie cinemas in the area. Enjoy out dining room, bar, outside terrace, or have a meal while watching your favorite movie. We will exceed your expectations and ensure your satisfaction..
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Food was excellent, Wait staff was friendlyand helpful. My Dad is on a restricted salt diet. This was not a problem for them to accomodate him.

Visited August 2013

Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Palmer's, apparently, not in hospitality business”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

A few weeks ago I had the misfortune to dine at this new restaurant in the town of Marblehead, MA.
I sat at the bar and had a pretty good steak and a nice cocktail. But they left me with a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

After finishing my food. the check came and I was surprised to find that I had forgotten my wallet.

I live just down the street from this place, so I offered to run home and get it.
They refused to let me! Called the Police and accused me of refusing to pay my bill. They had me sit in an adjacent room under the watchful eye of a Police officer until I could get a friend to come there and pay the bill. Mortifying.

Needless to say, I will never set foot in Palmer's again. Nor will any of my many friends and acquaintances who were as outraged by this restaurant's treatment of me as I was.

If you decide to go, some friendly words of advice: First, have your wallet securely welded to your hip. Lacking that, bring your own private bail-bondsman.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank eamccabe
New England
“Restaurant has a nice design and atmosphere but too pricey for what you get”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I am glad we tried the restaurant and I enjoyed the atmosphere. Based on the pricing, I expected much better food. A nice place for a drink.

• Visited August 2013
“Our newest restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Palmers in the new Warwick Place has only been opened a few weeks. Had Sunday lunch there. I often judge a restaurant by the bread served. It was just bread, nothing special. Olive oil for dipping but no butter, if someone were to prefer it. The steak sliders were only so-so. They would not serve them rare, the way I prefer all my beef. Carmelized onions were not enough to give them flavor. A bit of horseradish mayo might have helped. Wine was good and not too expensive. My friend ordered the lobster sandwich which she enjoyed. The chips served alongside, were nothing special. I would like to try the dinner menu, or perhaps just apps at the bar. The new theatre serves food and drinks as well. I would like to try that soon. I will write my thoughts after I have been there.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank vibberMassachusetts
Boston, Massachusetts
“Please, Do this Right”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

These people have owned very successful restaurants, so I’m not sure why they’re having trouble getting this quite right. I’ve tasted two salads there, one being the Cesar, and both were heavily lemon juice. The crab cakes were good, but served with a basic (very basic) tartar sauce. Really boring. The pea risotto would be wonderful if it weren’t swimming in a broth – that’s not risotto anymore. I advise anybody ordering the fish with risotto to order the risotto on the side or ask for the dish to be served dry.

I have very high hopes that things will improve. Heaven knows, we need this place to succeed. Marblehead can be very tough on restaurants and many patrons won’t give a place more than one or two chances to make a good impression. Our group gave it a B-.

I didn’t sit at the bar, but it was active and looked like a fun place. I like the menu. The décor is attractive but all that glass and hard surfaces do not make for good acoustics. The staff is friendly and trying very hard.

• Visited July 2013