“Great Lobster Roll”

Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Marblehead
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Right on the water, pub like, great for lunch! Great views and within walking distance from Harbor Light Inn

Reviewed August 19, 2014

A tiny place with a giant heart.

Went in and spent a great night, watching the sun go down having catch of the day to perfection.

Crew made sure everything was beyond expectations.

Thanks guys, won't ever forget this place

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Based on the recommendation of a store clerk in town we decided to walk down to the Barnacle for our Friday dinner. This place is right on the waterfront and upon seeing someone smoking inside we opted for the patio/deck overlooking the water. Although the two person table was small it was a beautiful view over the water.
I started with the fish chowder which although tasting good was a lot more watery then I have tasted in the past. My partner tried the Lobster Bisque soup which she was disappointed with and didn't finish.
Our meals came with salads and I upgraded to the Ceasar for an extra two dollars which I quite enjoyed, my partner did the garden salad but didn't care for their ranch dressing.
I opted for the seafood casserole which for $19.95 was basically seafood in butter covered with breadcrumbs, at best it was okay, I wouldn't order it again. My partner did the lobster for $23.95 and thought it tasted really good. Our waitress tells us the owner has his own boat and would have caught the lobster that morning.
Our waitress Ashley and all the staff we dealt with here were great and added to our enjoyment of the meal.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

A to go to restaurant, every time we are in Marblehead.The best steamers around, beautiful views of Marblehead Harbor.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Of setting (overlooking the harbo), menu choice (lobster, wine, and a selection of not-fried fish) and formality (casual and fun, but not served on the standard New England paper plates and picnic benches). We'll be back.