“Nice long weekend in Marblehead”
Review of Seagull Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblehead
Seagull Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My wife and I just spent a wonderful long relaxing weekend in Marblehead at the Seagull inn B&B. We stayed in the suite that has a private kitchen and living room with an upstairs bedroom and bathroom, it was very nice and peaceful. Ruth and Skip are very gracious hosts that make you feel very welcome. The Breakfast was great especially the apple cake.
The area and the scenery are wonderful. We went into Salem to a sports bar and watched our Denver Broncos Win (go Tebow). The accommodations and setting are great and I would recommend this to anyone as a nice relaxing B&B with great hosts.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We really enjoyed our two nights stay and the location is perfect for exploring Marblehead and Salem so long as one has a car. We stayed in the Library Room which was cosy and comfortable and the breakfasts were ample and set us up for each day. Ruth and Skip are delightful hosts. We would stay again without hesitation were it not so far from home.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Skip and Ruth were such warm and generous hosts at this cozy B&B located on Marblehead Neck. Our room was so lovely, and stocked with a snack basket, sodas, juices and even chocolates, sherry, and umbrellas in the closet "just in case"-- it is MA, after all. :) As soon as we entered we were offered a beer or a wine, and greeted with a smile and a helping hand. The breakfasts were super delicious...fresh fruits, juices, yogurt, homemade granola, and hard boiled eggs...smoked salmon, oatmeal with shaved almonds, brown sugar and raisin toppings...so much selection, and such a wonderful way to meet the other visitors, too! It was a magical two nights and we look forward to our next visit. So close to the coast, and downtown Marblehead, too. A definite recommendation...and we give it six stars if we could. Our dog agrees with the rating, too!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Seabreeze Suite, which had two rooms and a private bath-- much needed if you require...
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I hesitate writing such a positive review, because I don't want this inn to be so booked up that I can't get a room next year!! ( :

I cannot say enough good things about the Seagull Inn - it was an absolutely perfect location; the hosts are gracious, entertaining, genuine and so knowledgeable about the area; the breakfast is so much more than I expected from the "continental plus" description on their site (yummy homemade granola, oatmeal, scones and rolls, plus salmon, cheeses, meats, eggs - delicious!); and my room (the library room) was spacious, comfy and cozy. The easygoing attitude of the hosts (Skip's a riot and Ruth is as sweet as can be - both are always up for a chat!) and warmth of the inn seem to attract like-minded guests. After sharing two breakfasts with everyone - and an impromptu yoga session with Ruth and one of the guests who is a yoga teacher - I felt sad to leave my new friends!

I will absolutely return next year - I just have to decide whether we book it for our anniversary, or if we do a bigger family trip (and book the apartment suite) and send my husband out striper fishing. It just so happens the hosts' son, Randy, runs Sigler Guide Service next door, and striper fishing is their specialty!

Room Tip: Library room is great for solo travelers - it's on the first floor, though, so if you're sen...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We Loved the Seagull Inn! Our room was cozy, very comfortable, and well appointed, with a refrigerator full of cold drinks, great shower, comfortable bed, and delectable bedside treats. Ruth's breakfast is soo much more than a "continental" It was served buffet style in the sunny dining room, and included everything you could possibly want for a healthy and hearty breakfast. In addition there were warm, fresh baked breakfast muffins or breads, rolls, and Skips famous home made biscotti! Ruth and Skip are the most gracious hosts, and welcomed us to their home as though we were old friends. There are lots of lovely places to sit, read, work, and relax in the Inn, on the porches, and in the garden. The bikes and kayaks are easy to use, and there are lots of places to paddle or peddle, as well as great walking/running. At the end of the Day Skip welcomes you to join him in a light libation , and he'll share his extensive knowlege of the history of Marblehead, as well as the local lore. The Seagull was everything we could have wanted and more. Highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My girlfriend found this B & B and did not read any of the reviews before she called and reserved the library room. It was a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it. Ruth and Skip are warm, generous, gracious and fun to hang out with. They give you plenty of space and privacy if that is what you are looking for but you always have an open invitation to sit down and chat with them or share a cocktail (which they provide). Breakfast was awsome, salmon and fresh raspberries from their beautiful flower garden was a real treat. Fresh flowers in the room along with chocolates and a small bottle of sherry. We went out on the Kayaks which was neat. Castle Rock a 2-3 minute walk and the lighthouse is about a 5 minute walk. The Library room was cozy and quaint. This is a lot of B & B for the money and I guarantee you will recommend it to all your friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before and this was our first trip to the east coast, so we weren't sure what to expect. We had read the reviews on-line which were all good. And they were right. We stayed 2 nights in the Seabreeze Suite (myself, my husband and my teenage daughter) and thoroughly enjoyed it. The 2-room suite was the perfect size for us, clean, bright and airy, and the beds were very comfortable. Having a private bath was important to us and worked out great. The owners are very welcoming and made us feel right at home. The breakfast was delicious with a good variety of items. We especially enjoyed the smoked salmon and the homemade raspberry butter, and my daughter raved about Ruth's cinnamon biscuits. We enjoyed using their kayaks in the nearby harbor, and had a nice bike ride around the island with a short hike at Castle Rock. We couldn't have picked a nicer B&B for our first experience and are so glad we chose the Seagull Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#1 of 19 in Marblehead
Coach House Inn
Coach House Inn
#7 of 9 in Salem

Been to Seagull Inn? Share your experiences!