“Looking better after renovations”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Bangor, ME
“Looking better after renovations”
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We have stayed here a few times a year for several years because they will accept pets at no extra charge. Now that they are renovating, it is much cleaner and nicer. They still need to fix a few things but overall, it is a good value if you just need a place to sleep. The staff is always very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 5, 2009

this hotel was half the price of all the others in the area. i was only sleeping there and only going to be in the room for less than 8 hours, so i was looking for a cheap room. the room was $70 with all the taxes. i had a 2 bed room on the top floor. the room was clean and had newer decor. i did have to go to the front desl for an ashtray for a smoking room, a hair dryer, and extra towels. if i need to stay in this area again i will absolutely save money and stay here again. the staff wasn't overly friendly but curteous and helpful. check in and check out were fast and easy. room was as stated on website. although alot of reveiws on here speak of renovations, i was there on a sunday night. i checked in after 8pm and checked out at 4am. there were signs informing guests of work, but i never saw or heard any.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — ammenities
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Horrible experience and I didn't even stay at the Inn. I made reservations two months in advance and received a confirmation number. A few days before I was due to stay there, I went online to check my confirmation number and it was no where to be found. I called the number given and was told the reservation was made and then canceled two days later. I explained that I would not have canceled because I was going to a football game in Foxboro and they were the only place that was not sold out. This person then told me to call the desk clerk at the Red Roof Inn. I did so and he told me (very rudely) that he had no record of it at all and referred me back to the original person. When I called them back, they put me through to another person at the Inn again who then gave me another number to call for customer service. I asked the desk clerk his name so I could lodge a complaint about his rudeness which he gave me, but when I talked to the other person at the Inn and told her that I was going to lodge a complaint about the desk clerk and asked her for his name, she gave me a different name for this person. There was only one desk on duty at the time and I told her he gave me a different name and she had no answer for me. They would not even apologize for the inconvenience.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Mansfield hotels

New Hampshire
Reviewed September 25, 2008

I've stayed here countless times over the years; for two reasons, it's the closest hotel to the Comcast (Tweeter) Center, and it's the cheapest. After a late show, it's not a far ride back to crash.

These are the ONLY reasons I would still recommended this place.

If you plan to stay more than one night, GO SOME PLACE ELSE. It's really old, run down, and the lobby is extremely dirty with zero ammenties for the cheaper rates.

• Liked — Location, Cost
  • Disliked — Dirty, Limited Ammenties
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Maine
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Decent hotel. Fairly cheap, so you get what you pay for. There are a lot of convenient shutle services right from to the Comcast Center, only about 10 minutes away.

• Liked — Price and convenience
  • Disliked — Average rooms... not really a problem though
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 15, 2008

We stayed for one night following an amazing Radiohead concert at the Comcast Center.

The hotel is undergoing renovations so there is scaffolding outside and many rooms were marked as out of service.

The room was basic but definitely clean and the folks at reception were extremely friendly and efficient.

For us, the price and location gave us exactly what we needed.

• Liked — Proximity to Comcast Center
  • Disliked — Ongoing construction was a bit disruptive
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
cutthegrass
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Cigarette butts and an empty beer bottle greeted us at the front door upon arrival. I knew we were in trouble when the manager removed the bottle but failed to quickly sweep up the mess. Apparently the vacuum cleaner was broken, as all the rugs in the common areas were filthy. The furniture in the lobby very dirty and torn. Mysterious sticky spills remained on the lobby floors for the duration of our stay. The "international coffee" machine was empty of latte in the morning. Dry powdered creamer the only choice. Dead bugs on the rug in the room.

Bright spots included friendly women at the front desk. Clean bed linens.

Staying at the Red Roof Inn, Mansfield was an unfortunate mistake, putting a damper on our trip to the Comcast Center to see a great concert.

• Liked — The hotel is too yucky overall to be able to pinpoint my favorite thing.
  • Disliked — Dirty. Careless mamagement.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!