“just average”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Charlottetown, Canada
“just average”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed here basically just to sleep for four nights during a recent trip with two other families for the One Direction concert. The hotel is easy to find. There is a Shop & Save grocery store within walking distance, but no food on site. The room was just fair. The beds were ok, not great. Not enough towels - we had to ask for more every day. We had one day were several rooms (at least 4) on our floor were not cleaned, so we had to go seeking extra towels from the front desk. The clerk that day was very apologetic and helpful. There was a strong musty smell in our room (basically smelled like a wet dog) during our entire stay. The towels were thin, the toilet paper and tissues were poor quality and the only toiletries are one bar of soap and one bottle of shampoo/conditioner. The kids used the outdoor pool once and not for very long. The rooms are dated and worn out - one of our chairs was broken and the carpet was stained in multiple places. The wifi was just fair - could be very difficult to connect sometimes. This hotel is close to Gillette Stadium and a short drive to the train station (which we took in to Boston most days) and about a 15 minute drive (without traffic) to Wrentham Outlets. For what we needed and what we payed, it served it's purpose, but probably wouldn't be my first choice if we were staying in the area again.

1 Thank sk8erm0m
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear Skatermom: Thank you for staying with us and your review. We appreciate your feedback and I will be addressing your concerns with my staff and corporate. I was glad to read that you did enjoy your time with us and that is most important. We are centrally located to many major attractions in the area, and as you did, guests enjoy staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed 2 nights for the recent One Direction concerts at Gillette Stadium. The hotel fit our needs just fine. The AAA rate we got was under $90 so it was well worth it. Hotel is 3 minutes off the highway(95) easy to find. Check in was simple, we were in our room in less than 5 minutes. Room was big enough for the 4 of us, AC was cold, beds were comfortable, place was quiet. We were there to sleep so any extras not there didn't bother us at all.The 12:00 check out time was great also as we slept in and weren't rushed leaving. Parking was fine, there's a pool if you so desire. We ate at the 99 up the road one day and used the Stop and Shop(with Dunkin Donuts inside) which borders the property to grab a meal and anything else we needed also. There are other restaurants very close. Gillette Stadium is a 10 minute drive up route 140 that takes you into the stadium the back way so you avoid a ton of traffic. We used the parent drop off area(free) and shopped at Patriot Place during the show(lots of stores and good eats). There is parking on Rt 1 before the stadium also(half price or more off than the stadium lots) that gets you out back to Rt 1 after the show quickly also. The only downfall we found to the Hotel itself was spotty wifi, but we were able to get on in certain areas of the room so it was fine. We will be back again for other events.

1 Thank Shedawg1013
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Shedawig:

Sounds like you had a great time staying with us, that is awesome, so glad you enjoyed it. You certainly did a wonderful job describing the area and the tricks to get to Gillette Stadium, the back way is definitely the way to go. There really is so much to offer in the area and we are right in the middle of it, thanks for letting everyone know, I couldn't have done it better. Hope to see you soon. Thank You!
Rick
Saint James
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We took our daughters to the same concert, checked in on 8/6 and checked out 8/9. Three night stay, $400. Booked last Dec. We were at the Radisson at Plymouth Harbor for three nights before that for the same price!
As HotelRep1 stated, the four of us got to the room and there were limited towels, no coffee or cups in the room. Sent the girls, 19&14, for overstock since we saw a shortage coming. It took three of the five floors to achieve this.
Tissues were like sandpaper. They left us a box with four tissues left. No bath fan. There was a vent there but it let in a warm, musty attic smell. I stuffed a plastic bag in it to stop the smell from coming in.
Pool was cloudy. Would not let our girls go in.
Wouldn't spend more than $80 a night for this place, It's not much better than the Super8 20 mins. away for $70 a night. They were booked.

Room Tip: Don't stay here for over $80 unless you are stuck!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Harrison - I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please understand that we were extremely busy the 3 nights the band One Direction was at Gillette Stadium, sold out all three. And not that it is any excuse, but all staff were on over drive during that time and even hired extra to help out. However I see that we did not do as well as I had hoped in keeping up with all the demands and for that I sincerely apologize. I have learned my lesson that we need to have even more staff on hand to help out. Again I am very sorry.
Rick Wardell

Travelers are raving about these Mansfield hotels

Colchester
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night while going to a concert. We were told there is a shuttle to the stadium but you have to schedule it after we check in. Due to traffic we got there around 5:15 pm. Shuttle was booked and we had to drive and pay for parking.

Room was clean but shower had hair and was short on towels which is apparently a norm as when I contacted the desk they knew and didn't have more. We had 4 people with two bath towels one hand towel and one washcloth.

Price was lowest in area but you get what you pay for. No breakfast that I was told about or saw.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Colchester, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, except for the towels in the room. We do only place 2 big bath towels in each room, as there is usually only 2 people that stay in those rooms, but we will always be happy to supply you with more. And come give us a try for more than 1 night, I think you would be impressed.
Rick Wardell
canada
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were recently at this hotel for a hockey tournament. Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly front desk staff. The room was a good size with a very large bathroom as I booked the handicapped room. The first night the Wi-Fi was fine however the next day and for over 24 hours there was none.
I went to the front desk the first time and was told they would look into it, upon leaving I found out that the staff member was put on hold and impatiently hung up with no further action.
I returned to the front desk later that evening to complain but again as I needed the Wi-Fi for contacting family at home.
The young gentleman by the name of

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank travelling-grandma-9
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Canada Grandma:
Glad you found our front desk helpful and friendly, as well as the rooms big and roomy, I am not pleased with your experience with the WiFi. I am going to be honest and let you know, we have had issues with the "hot spots" recently and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. Please come back and give us another try, I think you will be pleased with our solution and upgrade.
Rick
marblehead, MA
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Just needed a cheap place to spend the night after a concert at the Xfinity Center and this fit the bill. The people working the front desk were pleasant, room was clean, bed was comfortable. Didn't get a chance to go to the outdoor pool. There are some vending machines and coffee in the rooms and lobby. We used the "Great Woods'' shuttle that can be arranged independant of the hotel - $10 per person each way. Highly recommend it to avoid the parking lot. Will stay here again for our next concert.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank amy_t
Hi Amy,
Thanks for the great review. I am happy to read you enjoyed our hotel and found the staff to be so helpful. And as you mentioned, see you next year, we will look forward to welcoming you back.
Take Care,
Rick Wardell, GM
Vermont
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was responsible for coordinating hotel rooms for a Group. We chose the Red Roof. Being a large group, I worked with the hotel staff on several occasions to assign names, add & cancel nights, etc. The day of the event, I checked in along with many others only to be charged a few days later for a reservation that I was unaware of. I was told this room was a no show. Although I had worked time and time again with the staff to confirm which reservation numbers were part of the group and even the day of check in I confirmed again. Of course they are charging me for this mysterious reservation that I did not know I had and won't refund my money. Thanks for the outstanding Customer Service. This will be our last Red Roof stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank mbvt2
Dear MVB: I am sorry you still feel the way you do after we have talked extensively about your reservation. I explained in detail to you, even down to the exact time you made the reservation, and what our polices are. We were sold out the night in question and could of sold that room 10 times over. If you ad let us know before, up until 8pm day of arrival we would of been happy to cancel the room for you. I am sorry you forgot about your reservation. We have great customer service here and will bend over backwards for our guests.
Rick Wardell, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!