“nice rooms”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed for two nights. We came for the George Strait concert at Gillette Stadium. Upon arrival after being stuck in traffic for 5 hours, the front desk staff weren't very helpful. Two young men who were more interested in joking around about who was going to get to leave work early Saturday.They didn't bother to let us know where the vending area was or asked us if there was anything else we needed. We were told what floor we were on and what room. That was it. Due to being stuck in traffic we got there at about 11pm. Our floor was very noisy. I didn't bother to call the front desk because of how unhelpful the young men were at check in. As it is a pet friendly hotel, we were awoken at 4am to two dogs barking nonstop down the hall. The great part about the hotel is the room size. Rooms are very big. We stayed in the Superior King room. It had a great work space and came with a mini fridge and microwave. Upon Check out the front desk was extremely helpful. Even though the rooms were a good size, I don't know if it would be my first choice again. First impressions are supposed to mean something and the check in staff could have cared less.

Room Tip: The superior King bed rooms are great. Lots of room to move around. And an excellent work area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Skier,
I am glad you enjoyed our large rooms and work space. Many of rooms do indeed come with the mini fridge and microwave, which our guests really enjoy. I am sorry the front desk was not as friendly checking in as they were when you checked out. During sold out nights, it seems everyone checks in at once which can be frustrating for both our guests and staff. But I will definitely mention you concerns to them, and I do apologize. Thank you again for you comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We got tickets to go to a concert at Gillette stadium and the first place can to mine was the Red Roof in. It sure is close to the stadium and easy access to and from the Hotel and I -95 Me.The staff was friendly at check-in and asked if we needed anything give us a shout out,and the rooms were clean .The pillows were to hard for me as i like my own that i forgot so it was own doing. But over all good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hi BlueGirl, Easy Access, friendly staff and clean, what more can you ask for! Thank you for your honest comments and kind words, My entire staff will love reading your awesome review.
Rick Wardell, General Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Took my niece to a concert at the Xfinity Center. This was so close to the Xfinity Center. The staff was so friendly and helpful. There was even a grocery store right next door. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to a concert and would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Deb, Thanks for the great review. Our location is perfect for events at the Xfinity Center or Gillette Stadium, located only miles from either. And one can even take the Great Woods Shuttle to make it easy and convenient. Hope to welcome you back soon for the your concert.
Rick Wardell, GM

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are in this neck of the woods (for a graduation for example) I heartily recommend this Red Roof Inn. It's provides the basics and a friendly staff. The price is right, although I think they increased it for graduation season. This was my third stay, and if the opportunity arises I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Eric:

Thanks for heart-felt review, we sincerely appreciate it. I know my staff work very hard and will be so pleased to read your words. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Rick Wardell

Reviewed April 15, 2014

While I received no wake up call and then had no hot water, the hotel (as always) was clean and easily accessible and not ridiculously priced.
BUT when I called and told corporate regarding the issues (and those ARE fairly major) the manager called me the next day, was very gracious and apologetic explaining that they had been having water problems and that he had just told the corporation that they HAD to fix it. He then said he would send me a VIP pass for a free night. THAT is customer service! Good job!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Nanci L
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Nanci,

Thank you for understanding about our hot water issues, I am sorry they had to occur when you were with us. But we fixed them quickly and effectively, and luckily only a few guests realized it, and we are grateful for that. But the fact that you had less than an awesome time with us is a concern of mine and I wanted to make it better for you, I am glad to see we succeeded. Hope to welcome you back soon.
Rick

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Love THIS Red Roof. I've seen worse. Have stayed there a few time. Tracey at the front desk is amazing. She remembers people,from check in, to another needed stay 3-4 months later. To many great & friendly staff, unfortunately I do not remember names. Right off Rt.95.: mins. away from Rt. 495. Ice machines,big screen T.V. in lobby, coffee,vending machines, pet friendly, & the pool. No highway noise. Jake & Joe's. 99 Restaurant, just a few of Mansfields Great restaurants. Grocery store right next to RR.Inn. If you have a problem with the room- my needs have ALWAYS been meet. Mistake on my side. Needed the fridge.Close to Comcast center. Just my two cents My family loves this Red Roof & the staff. Always friendly. Also 5 minute drive to Mansfield Purple line train. So relax & take train to Boston or Providence RI. Many more stops on this line.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a fridge. We've stayed on both sides & I don't see a difference. W...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
i0274, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hi Emily: Thanks for great review, I appreciate all the kind words you had for my staff. And especially Tracy with whom I made sure received a special thank you for going above and beyond - which she always does, and I am lucky to have her, as I am all my wonderful employees. People don't realize how easy it is to get to Boston or Providence by train right down the road as you mentioned. Being recently renovated and an interior corridor property with a pool, also adds to our hotel being special. Look forward to serving you again soon. Take Care.
Rick Wardell, General Manager.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed here when we were on our honeymoon and staying in Boston for a couple of days on our trip. My wife had been paralyzed a few years ago in a car accident, so finding hotels that are truly accessible for her can be a challenge. In all the hotels we've visited, this one was the most accessible. The bathroom was accessible and equipped with a roll-in shower, shelves and faucets were placed at a level she could reach, she could open the entrance door to our room with a push button, and their pool came equipped with a lift she could use (apparently the lift is a requirement of Massachusetts state law, but I haven't seen this in many other states).

Beyond that, I found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The manager, I think his name was Tom, was particularly helpful in telling us about how best to get around in Boston. He took extra time to really go over things with us.

We also found it to be pretty good in terms of location and price. We were traveling on a budget and as such were willing to stay out in the suburbs a bit. Traveling between there and downtown wasn't too bad.

Overall, excellent experience! If I make another trip to Boston I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Justin:

I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel and everything was perfect for your wife. Thank you for your kind words, I have shared your review with my staff. As you mentioned, everything was easy for your wife, we recently had an upgrade to the hotel and put a great deal of thought into our handicapped rooms, wanting to make it easy and comfortble for everyone. I look forward to welcoming you back and will not hesitate to offer any help I can again to you. Take Care.

Rick Wardell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!