“Clean, Comfortable Room, Close to Comcast!”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night in a double room at the Red Roof Inn. We chose the hotel because it's close to the Comcast Center, and we were very happy with our stay! The hotel room was clean and comfortable, and it was relatively quiet even though we were near the ice machine and elevator. Victor and Kevin at the front desk were helpful and courteous. We'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Mary-Beth:

Thanks for the great review, I will share with the staff, especially Victor & Kevin, I know they will be pleased to hear that you loved your staff. Look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rick

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel really needs help. The lobby, elevator and public restroom were all very dirty. The elevator's floor 1 button was stuck and we had to carry our bags down a very shabby stairwell. We were told after we arrived at the desk that you had to press the 1R button which brought you to the laundry room, and THEN the 1 button could be used. (Shouldn't everyone know that???) The room was pretty clean, but the toilet seat was wobbly, the tub took forever to drain and even though it showed that we were connected to the internet, we could neither send/ receive emails or surf the web.

On a positive note: the bed was very comfortable and the air conditioner worked well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Carol:

I am sorry you feel that way. All I can image is you were here during one of our sold-out concert nights at the Comcast Center. We take great pride in very clean hotel. Just as you mentioned that your room was "pretty clean" we do our best to make sure the public area is also sparkling. However, I apologize, it must of got ahead of us. We have a daily public area cleaning regime and twice on busy days, the day in question needed 3 and I will make sure it happens. I am glad you found the bed comfortable and AC working well, thank you.

Rick Wardell, GM

Reviewed June 13, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Reviewed May 19, 2013

A clean, neat and nicely furnished hotel room. Located 25 minutes away from Boston, the hotel was price friendly yet enjoyable. Ideal for a night's stay if you are visiting Boston and have a car.

We would definitely come back again if need be.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Holyarmer:

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will be sure to share you kind words with my staff, I know they will be so pleased to hear how great your stay was. Hope to make your next one, just as memorable.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been loyal Red Roof visitors for over 6 years, since our oldest started college. The initial reason we chose them was that they are pet friendly and our college students loved to see our dog!! But now, we stay with or without our dog, since the properties are a great value. For Mansfield, near Wheaton College, we were happy to see them in the middle of renovations - new drapes and bedspreads, carpet in select areas. They look nice. And the mattresses and pillows were good, too. The TV is great, and the hot water and water pressure were much appreciated. I also noticed the outdoor smoking and agree that it would be good to move it away from the front door, if possible. I always love the complimentary USA today newspaper. Our only complaint is a perennial one - we would love to see Red Roof upgrade to fluffier towels. The current ones are so thin, they look very cheap in comparison with the other accommodations. The employees are all very friendly and helpful, especially the front desk. We would recommend Red Roof Mansfield to families or couples visiting colleges in the area who appreciate a good value experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Meg:

Thank You for your review, we truly appreciate your business over the last 6 years, thank you for staying with us. I hope you like the recent renovation we just did, many guests appreciate the upgrades. I understand your comment about the towels; I will look into seeing if there is anything we can do to upgrade the towels. We did get new bedspreads and sheets, just not towels. All Red Roof Inns are pet friendly and we love them. Hope to see you soon with graduation coming up, a big day I am sure for the whole family. Take Care,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had another great stay at this hotel.... staff is great, after several stays, Rick, Tracy, Gio, and Kevin have always provided exceptional service and always very friendly. I have always enjoyed the larger rooms at this hotel. The rooms have been recently remodeled since my last visit, and are very nice, although they still seem to have the same furniture ....Would be great if all Red Roofs had remodeled rooms. Hotel is next door to grocery and close to several restaurants of good to excellent quality, also near train station.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Hooty:

Thank You for the wonderful review. I have shared your comments with Kevin, Gio and Tracy, I know they will enjoy reading it. And your right - the hotel did just go thru a renovation, the place looks 100% better and everyone seems to love the new beds, thanks!

G.M.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Only about 30 miles outside of Boston, I was able to find this newly renovated Red Roof Inn. It appears to be an old comfort inn. Its in a very nice, safe feeling area and this one even has an elevator! There is no smoking but pets are allowed.
I booked online 2 nights (saturday and sunday) deluxe king with micro/fridge for only around 70 bucks a night.
Our room was big, new carpet, freshly painted and clean. Nothing fancy, but comfortable. The king size bed was AWESOME. One of the best beds I've slept in during my 3 years on the road.
The staff was very friendly and the coffee was always hot and fresh.
There's no breakfast at any Red Roof Inn I know of and the closest fast food places are few and far between (probably bc we didn't know the area at all). The grounds are nice and ample parking. There's a huge outdoor pool that is probably very nice during swimming season and they have about 5 ground floor room that open directly into the pool. The clerk told me they're about $15 more.
All in all, we had a very pleasant stay here. I've never been surprised nor disappointed with a Red Roof....you know what you're getting and you always get it.

Room Tip: During summer months, get a room that has sliding glass doors that open to the pool area.