“great stay overall....”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Was project manager for the renovation of the property, stayed here with my fiancé and was a good stay overall, nice rooms and good staff. I would recommend this hotel to others as I stay at them a lot.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Donnie:

Thank you for your kind words. Since you were with us for a few weeks, I know that you appreciate all the tough work our staff does so well in serving our guests. And since you stay in many different hotels, your words have that much more significance, thanks again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My children and I stayed here for two weeks. Things started out well and SOME of the staff were helpful. I felt the hotel was extremely dirty though. I was so disappointed when an electronic left in my room was stolen by the staff.... Then I was laughed at by the front desk when I asked about it. I had to call over and over again to talk to the manager and was lied to by several people. Worst experience at a hotel and we travel a lot. I would NEVER recommend this hotel. Although I do recommend the chain as a few of the others I have stayed at have been excellent in service and cleanliness.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tnic22

I remember speaking with you and thought we made everything well for you, I am so sorry and would very much like to resolve any lingering concerns you have. I know you stayed with us 9 months ago last August, I wish we could of made it right for you sooner. If ever anything goes wrong, we will do everything in our power to make it up to our guests and have them leave happy, not unhappy for 9 months. We are in the service business and want to serve you the best we can.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

check in went smoothly and I unpacked and started to unwind after a very busy day. When ready for bed I pulled the covers off. A bug went flying out and there was another one crawling around. I caught it and brought it to the front desk. They bagged it up so an inspection can be done. They provided me with a new room. So had to pack and unpack all over again. The room was spacious and had the needed appointments. Next morning I stepped out into the hallway and it was filled with smoke. This is supposed to be a smoke free hotel. The bathroom had other peoples hair scattered about. The grounds of the hotel has trash thrown around. On my 2nd day my room key decided to not work so had to make a few more trips downstairs. On the way back to the room the elevator started jumping around. When checking out the elevator officially died and I had to drag my luggage down several flights of stairs. On a positive note the staff were friendly and did provide me with a discount. But a note to my fellow travelors, please don't smoke in a smoke free hotel. Disrespectful to other guests and the hotel. Many of us are allergic to the smoke.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Pippen:

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and I am truly sorry the series of mishaps that occurred during your time with us. We are currently in the middle of a renovation to each room in the hotel which unfortunately may be the reason the grounds were a bit dirty. The wind is fierce and tends to blow everything around here, my maintenance team goes out every morning to pick up the grounds due to the high winds. And let you know if any body is caught smoking in the rooms now, we have the power to fine that person $200.00. Please come back and experience our "new" rooms, we are getting great feedback for the guests, they love it.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent a few days at the Red Roof Inn in Mansfield, MA. I found the hotel to be clean and not outdated. The hotel is a short 5-minute walk to a nearby grocery store and coffee shop. The staff was pleansant and courteous. The lobby area has wifi and each room has a flat screen TV with HBO and typical local programming. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. They have a seasonal outdoor pool. There is no fitness center, if that is a factor for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Mr. MePepere;

What a great review, Thank You. I have shared your kind words with our staff. They love hearing good feedback on how they are doing, it makes their hard work all the more satisfying if they know our guests appreciate it. And I know you will enjoy the rooms even more when we complete our renovation in a just a few weeks. Come back soon and be even more impressed with our spiffy new rooms. Hope to see you soon.

Rick

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at Red Roof Inn, booked through expedia for two nights due to power outage of storm. We cancelled the second night when we were expecting power first night. No problem there, got an email that all was ok, room was decent, went to sleep early, at 11 pm. heard knocking at door and someone trying to come in. Door latch was on thankfully. It woke us up and my husband went to the front desk. Wilma, the night auditor, was in a rage about saying we didn't pay, he told her it was paid through Expedia and to check and call, she wanted him to charge it again through her, he said no, paid already and confirmed. They argued back and forth and he came back to the room. Couldn't sleep for a while since she got him upset with her yelling. We finally went back to sleep and there was knocking on the door after 1 a.m. Husband went to the door and it was a police officer trying to evict us from the room at that time for non payment! We explained to him, showed him email and he said ok, stay the night, I will talk to Wilma. I wasn't going to drive on the icy roads at 1 a.m. Husband was ready to leave he was so mad. In the morning when we checked out Wilma was gone, morning crew was apologetic saying they received payment, didn't know why Wilma could not see that and why she acted that way. We are waiting to talk to the manager who is out for a few days. We were treated like criminals for doing nothing wrong. Also, very noisy place, doors banging all night and loud people. Would not recommend staying on the first floor as we were. It was booked solid due to the storm.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

After investigating what happened, we discovered Expedia canceled your reservation and never made a new one for you. Our front desk staff was only doing her job, however I understand from your point of view we were at fault, which was not the case. Unfortunately it was a series of mishaps, and coupled with the severe weather and a full house, the whole situation was mishandled and I am sincerely apologize for that. Please understand that the front desk is often at the mercy of the large booking agents and it is often best just to go thru the hotel's website to ensure a smoother stay. Thank you for staying with us, we do appreciate your business no matter how you book it. Rick Wardell, GM

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was hesitant to write a review about this hotel because this is one of those good secrets to know when going to see a New England Patriots Game. I stayed over this past weekend from Saturday to Monday and was able to get a "hot rate" of $58 a night, for a total of $128. (This price doesnt even cover ONE night at some hotels close to the red roof inn) We were put in room 426. Here is the deal with this hotel, it is really close to Gillette Stadium and probably has the absolute best rates being that close to the stadium. This isnt one of those full service, all amentities hotel's, you basically get a clean room, close to the stadium, at a really great price. Our room, 426, also had a fridge and micro wave combo in it which was a big plus. The rooms here have safes so you can lock your things up. This was the second time I stayed here and it seemed cleaner this time around than it did 2 years ago so kudos to the management, please keep up the clean rooms because that will always add value to staying here.

I will definantely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone coming in for a football weekend. Think about it, approx 6 miles from Gillette Stadium, clean room, great rate, free wifi, fridge / micro combo, stop and shop next door, and close to some retail stores and restuarants, you really cant beat the value in staying at this place.

Room Tip: I think the earlier you book at the red roof inn, the cheaper the rate.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank IamFBGM
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear FBGM:

Thank you for your great review and appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are the best hotel in the area, not just for Gillette Stadium, but also the Comcast Center and Wrentham Village outlets. As you mentioned many guests stay with us because we are a clean, comfortable Inn that does not charge outrageous prices. We pride ourselves on being that way, which is why so many guests come back again and again. And I look forward to welcoming you back also FBGM! Thanks.

Rick Wardell

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great price and a very nice place to stay. The room was very clean and cozy. The front desk staff (Kevin) was very helpful and efficient. He checked us in quickly and was knowledgeable about some things to do in the area, which was extremely helpful. The rate per night was great compared to the other hotels in the area. The hotel is right off of the highway which makes it a convenient stay as well. I was very pleased with my stay here at the red roof and would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Kate:

Thank you for you review, I appreciate your kind words and will share them with my staff, especially Kevin, I know he will be thrilled. As you mention, we are very conveniently located right off Rt. 95 and Rt. 495, minutes from both Gillette Stadium and the Comcast Center and only a half hour from Boston and 20 minutes from Providence. We pride ourselves with clean comfortable rooms at a great rate, and I am so happy that enjoyed what we do every day here in Mansfield. I hope to welcome you back soon. Take Care.

Rick Wardell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!