All reviewsgillette stadiumfront deskpool areabreakfast buffetbusiness parkhot tuboffice parkcomcast centeron site restaurantfoxboro areafirst floorenjoyed my staypatriot placepatriotsbalconiesweddingconvention
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend for the Jimmy Buffett Concert. While heading down we noticed online that the rate for our second night had dropped by approximately $100. When we checked in, we advised the desk clerk Mike and showed him the rate on their website and he quickly adjusted our room rate without any hesitation and told us they like to keep their customers happy. Great start!!!
Our room was an indoorpool view room. Due to being on the pool with no outside windows, the room felt humid. (sheets felt a bit damp, we had to blast the air conditioning to try to cut the humidity)
The shower was a bit icky, the upper foot and a half of the wall they have wallpaper which between shower humidity and the humidity from being by the pool looked a bit moldy in places.

Breakfast buffet - Georgia was a wonderful server, very friendly and a very hard worker. The pre-prepared eggs were a bit rubbery, however they will make you fresh eggs to order.

Traveling with an infant is difficult, and we had the unfortunate situation that there was a wedding crowd staying at the hotel and they were very loud and partying late (after 1am) in the pool area. After 2 unsuccessful calls to the front desk, my sister had to leave the room to deal with the situation herself, followed by a visit to the front desk. The front desk was apologetic, and moved our room to a non pool view for the second night, however it would have been nice had they taken care of this after our first call.

Room Tip: I recommend requesting a non pool view room, they have some rooms with balconies, (even though over the parking lot), those may be better to ask for in the future.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jhopper
Jules L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Mansfield. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be pleasant and accommodating.

The Holiday Inn Mansfield is known locally as the premier full service convention hotel in the greater area. Our event planners, restaurant patrons and guests have become loyal to this power branded hotel in the south suburbs of Boston.

The staff and I look forward to being your host whenever travel brings you back to the area.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago and was attacked by bed bugs in room 142. Asked to have my room changed and was obliged. Was offered nothing in the way of an apology, front desk clerk actually said "That's unfortunate."

I should have known better. When staying at any sort of hotel in this day and age, there should ALWAYS be white bed bug encasements on both the box spring and mattress. If you find yourself at a hotel that does not have the budget to protect their own investments in mattresses and box springs, you can be sure that they do not have the budget to competently sustain an aggressive pest control program.

Not looking for an internet explanation from the manager here. I would just advise that nobody stay in room 142, the two rooms beside it, or the room above it.

I would also recommend that any travelers reading this review check for bed bug encasements before resting your head for the night.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Marco E
Jules L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Mansfield. Your guest room was checked by our pest extermination company and no evidence of bed bugs were found.

The staff and I look forward to being your host whenever traval brings you back to the Mansfield area.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!! Front desk staff is nice. I stayed there for a wedding. The main lobby area of the hotel is nice. When you walk into the room ceiling had these leak stains and room was very muggy. That should have been a red flag. Anyways I went to sleep and woke up in the morning scratching myself with bug bites all over my leg. I called the front desk . Management came upstairs to room 251 and checked everything out and claimed I am having an allergic reaction to their detergent. I'm not even allergic to anything. I have stayed in hotels all my life and never had this happen to me. These were BED BUGS. I went and googled this hotel after this incident and found another review on trip advisor and someone had the same issue. They really need to clean this place up. DO NOT stay in this place or you are going to have some major issues and will be bringing BED BUGS home. I have photos of my bites that I have added on their yelp page if you would like to see it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Shrutis1230

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the award winning Holiday Inn Mansfield. I suspect the skin rash you got was a reaction to our laundry chemicals. The guest room was checked by our pest extermination company and no evidence of bed bugs were found.

The staff and I look forward to being your host whenever travel brings you back to the Mansfield area. We would very much like another opportunity to ensuring your next stay is a pleasant one.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I recently stayed here for an educational trip in the area and was very impressed. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable.........very friendly. There is a large, open area for breakfast or hanging out with comfortable chairs. Rooms are a good size, beds are comfy with several pillows and a full length mirror(an important feature) I would have liked a fridge in the room. Bathroom is clean with very good, thick towels and amenities from Bath & Body Works and good shower pressure. The pool looked nice, there was a hot tub too, but we got back too late to use it since it closes at 10pm.

Since the hotel is somewhat remote, it's a great feature to have a breakfast buffet. Lots of choices there from make your own waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, eggs, bacon (so good) sausages, muffins, etc. The fresh fruit was excellent! Plenty of staff available

The director, Cherie could not have been nicer, she went above & beyond. When our group got back late after the kitchen had closed, she called ahead to make sure there was a light meal for us...............VERY good chowda!

Thanks for such a pleasant trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Jules L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent stay experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Mansfield. I am thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased the hotel atmosphere, rooms and breakfast buffet all exceeded your groups expectations. Cherie Allen (Director of Sales) is a tremendous asset to a team affectionately known as Team Mansfield. I am fortunate to be leading a staff dedicated to service excellence. Your review is our 232nd and assists us in maintaining or #1 of 2 hotel ranking on Tripadvisor. Thank You!

The Holiday Inn Mansfield is known locally as the premier full service convention hotel in the greater area. Our guests, event planners and restaurant patrons have become loyal to this power brand hotel located in the south suburbs of Boston.

The staff and I look forward to hosting student groups in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a night away. When we arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. We had a room overlooking the pool. The pool and pool area are beautiful. Breakfast in the morning was amazing and the service was great. Whenever we were out in the common areas of the hotel we were impressed that we were greeted by every staff member that we walked passed making sure we were enjoying our stay. We had stayed here before and noticed quite a change in the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. We definitely will be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jules L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent satisfactory stay at the award winning Holiday Inn Mansfield. I am pleased you noticed the cleanliness and employee friendliness changes that have been made as a direct result of my becoming the General Manager since April 3rd of this year. Your review is our 231st and assists us in maintaining our #1 of 2 hotel ranking on Tripadvisor. Thank You!

The Holiday Inn Mansfield is known locally as the premier full service convention hotel in the greater area. Our guests (like yourself), event planners and restaurant patrons have become loyal to this power branded hotel located in the south suburbs of Boston.

The staff and I look forward to being your host whenever travel plans bring you back to the Mansfield area.