“Looks can be deceiving”

Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The lobby of this hotel looked so lovely. It had a water feature and the front desk was near the entrance. There was a restaurant right in the lobby as well.
But the hotel clerk is too busy promoting whatever and not really listening to what the customer is saying. At the room itself, the ceiling seemed low to me and I am not that tall! The wall paper was peeling at its edges and it was hard to find the directory of services.
It was okay, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Mansfield/Foxboro. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearanceis is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was good in terms of facilities and cleanliness although the shower enclosure would benefit from refurbishment and, like so many American hotels, the lighting in the room was inadequate. The a/c was so noisy that watching TV was impossible if the a/c was on and I had to switch it off before attempting to sleep.

However, although friendly enough the service was poor. I booked this hotel because it was described as being near the railway station - it is not! And after waiting more than 45 minutes for the minivan to arrive to collect me from the station, and not even getting an apology or explanation I was far from impressed. Without your own car this venue is not a practical proposition as there is nothing nearby.

The restaurant was also advertised in glowing terms but I can't understand how they can justify that. The food was dreadful, parts of it were inedible - don't attempt their garlic mash! - and the price was high for what was offered. On a positive note, the beer was good as was the service. Breakfast was good and reasonably priced.

This was the first Holiday Inn I have stayed in for several years but I will not be patronising the brand in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the train station pickup. Our hotel is about 3 miles away from the train station and we routinely pick up and deliver guests to the station daily. I will review with the staff to determine if we need to alter our pickup procedures.
I'm sorry that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us and we appreciate your feedback concerning the A/C noise. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to the Mansfield/Foxboro area.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My sister moved to Mansfield in1986 and I've been staying there whenever there were too many family members staying at the house. I have tried the other hotels around the area but I prefer the Holiday Inn. The hotel has several entances to the different room wings.The convenience of being able to choose the entrance closer to your room and park close to it is ideal. The service is great and the breakfast deal is good taking in consideration the other restaurants available around town.

Room Tip: SOME ROOMS HAVE OUTSIDE BALCONIES, if you smoke but don't like the smell of smoking rooms you ca...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Attended the annual Lions State convention this past weekend. It was held at the Holiday Inn Mansfield. I must admit that for the most part..whenever I attend these kinds of overnight events, I tend to not have high expectation. However, the Holiday Inn Mansfield may change that for me. They delivered a great event, seamless service and hospitality that was better than many Boston chain hotels. Everyone..from the housekeeping staff..to the banquet servers..to the front desk staff was friendly, helpful and really went the extra mile.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms along the atrium all have kitchenettes.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SilverDragonFly
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! It was our pleasure to host your event; we look forward to hosting more of your functions. As usual if ther is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The staff here at the hotel is friendly enough, but sorely lacking in training in client services. They "do their job", but do not really have a sense of trying the make the hotel appear to be in the best service mode. Three examples:
1. a tray sat outside a room opposite to ours for three days. When we notified one of the room maids, she just said oh that is not my job, that is kitchen and went on her way. It was still not removed several hours later when we checked out.
2. We were there attending a dance festival, and the shuttle bus was located just a short walk away from the hotel, but the desk attendants did not know anything about it or the safest way to walk there. They had been informed that there would be festival participants staying at the hotel, as we were supposed to be getting a 10% discount on the hotel; in actual fact we paid $10 more per night than what was on their website for the same time period.
3. There was a convention going on at the hotel the same weekend, and the lines for breakfast were enormous and yet they did not set up sufficient tables (lots of space available) or put on more service staff to handle the breakfast needs.
I could go on with more picky items, but this should be sufficient to give the idea that management needs to do some training of staff, and some re-thinking of how they handle festival and convention participants.
the staff are pleasant enough, b

Room Tip: Do not take a soom with a terrace on the atrium unless you plan to be a party person. The bars face...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

I am so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. I will be sure to share this experience with the team so that we can work to improve our services. Please consider staying with us again. I am confident we can make your stay one of the best you've experienced.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Decided to stay here based on the proximity to my son's basketball tournament. Check in was very efficient. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and had a nice appearance. Only downside about the room is that there was no refrigerator. Continental breakfast is served in the main lobby (eggs, bacon, sausage, assortment of bakery items and fruit, and french toast). The wait staff were very helpful. If ever in the area again, I will definately choose to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Pikes Peak or the indoor swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

One of the best hotel experiences we have ever had!!! Read the previous reviews and decided this was the best bet for Foxboro/Mansfield area in MA!!! Not disappointed! Greated enthusiastically by Front Office Manager, Brad Mersch. Our experience continued as we were helped so much by the Assistant Front Office Manager, Teddy Woods. You cannot go wrong with this hotel and our breakfast and dinners were "top shelf"! I am from New York and I am a Yankee fan and a Buffalo Bill fan, but I would find an excuse to come here and go to Gillette Stadium just 5 miles down the road!!! Good room, good food, and best of all...great service!!!

Stayed: April 2013
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you so much for the enthusiastic review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will let both Brad and Teddy know that they contributed to your experience. We hope to see you again soon here at the Holiday Inn Mansfield/Foxboro

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
1 mi away
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 3 in Franklin
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough

Been to Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area? Share your experiences!