“Wedding Guests”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Holliston
“Wedding Guests”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We reserved rooms for out of town wedding guests for our daughter's wedding in September. The staff was amazing, helpful, courteous and accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable, which we needed and appreciated with the hectic schedule. The location was very convenient for out of town guests to get to, for traveling to the venue where the Wedding was held and the Comcast Center where we ended the evening at a concert. The sales staff and in particular, Maria Correira, was superb, helpful and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure! The lobby and lounge area are beautiful and very welcoming! Will go back again for a relaxing weekend even though it's only half an hour from home!

Room Tip: All the rooms are extremely quiet regardless of location in the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Mansfield/Foxboro. I am gald to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Maria was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Thai first
Stoneham, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our recent workshop-9/14-9/15 was a success because of the exceptional staff at the hotel! They were most courteous and professional-able to provide immediate changes and requests for our workshop presenters! The luncheon was delicious as evidenced from the nearly empty plates cleared by the attentive wait staff!! The rooms were spacious, clean, and appealing!
The moment we entered the hotel, the staff went out of their ways to be helpful to all of us. Needless to say, our experience definitely exceeded our expectations in every way!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! Thanks again for your kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in the Mansfield/Foxboro area.
Nate
Georgetown, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

On one hand, this hotel is conveniently located to Rtes I95 and I495 and Foxboro Stadium (by driving a few miles). On the other hand, it is near nothing.

I hold business meetings here frequently due to its central Southern New England location. The meeting rooms are usually set up as directed and the staff is relatively helpful. The hotel rooms have good quality business travel standards, clean and sufficient size. Good value for the area.

The restaurant, Pikes Peak, is pretty good. I have enjoyed frequent meals here. On the downside, the hotel ceased the restaurant operation during the day and the nearest restaurant is an inconvenient several miles away. It makes me reluctant to now hold meetings here if there are other choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Mansfield! I am very happy to hear that our team members take such good care of your meeting needs. Hope to see you return soon.
Newville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was a well laid out hotel with everything close to our room. It was a great place to hold our Nationals.

The staff was very friendly & most helpful. The food was very good & the breakfasts were exceptional.

The beds were a little soft but other than that, we really enjoyed our 5 night stay.

Room Tip: We were traveling with 2 dogs & requested a room near a door.. They accommodated us & it wor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan M D
We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! So glad you were able to experience our warm Holiday Inn hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is purely a careless business person last resort place to stay. Not a destination or anything to go out of the way for. It is one of the oddest layouts of a hotel I have seen. Lobby with no attendants present, ever. Staff friendly enough, I suppose, but everything is a bit off. You get your key, and enter the hotel with the rooms that circle an indoor swimming pool. Very balmy and chlorine overload which is oddly right next to the "restaurant". Neither of which had any people in them. As you get to the hallways of your room, you feel like you are in an abandoned asylum in a bad horror movie. The non-smoking hotel full of smokers, and the growing stench of mold and mildew. When I first arrived, there was food, trash and bottles all over the hall. The room was small and one of those things you think about on the undercover news stories where they do the blacklight test for unseen items. I'm pretty sure if I had one, I would have revealed a DNA carnival complete with a circus of non-human species performing. All I needed was a room, and was off to a concert at the Comcast Center. So I dropped my things on a chair that I soaked with Purex, and headed off to the late event. I came back after midnight. There was nothing to be found open, at all, at that hour in the area. Was not about to put ice in the filthy ice bucket, but had a plastic bag, and headed to the ice machine which had it's own habitat. Once I found it, the corner of which it and a vending machine stood was in front of an area that had not been cleaned for ages. I put the ice in the bag anyway, but ended up not using it. The water in the bathroom sink was cold only, and it leaked all over the counter. The shower had hot water, but then we get to the linens. Everything smelled like mildew... the towels, the rug, and getting in the bed, I was sure I was going to contract something. Seemingly arranged as programmed into the maid's brains. But there was no escaping the mildew smell and the dampness. Turning on the fan or air conditioner was so loud, you have to choose to sweat or cover your ears with a pillow. Then of course, none of the aforementioned trash in the hall was ever picked up, and coming back to the hotel, there were kids smoking in the doorway, and most certainly in the non-smoking rooms. The noise level was unacceptable. You can hear people cough and sneeze, the mumble of talking, and of course the TVS. I spent $140 for this night, and it was supposed to be a big deal. My foot. I have stayed in prime hotels for half as much. I did not contact the manager as clearly they are not doing their job. The trash in the hall alone is enough to tell me they never made any rounds to see if everything was meeting their standards. I opted to contact the main headquarters, and they gave me a form letter of nothing and told me they would send my comments to the Manager... in other words... outsourced service who could care less about the customer. I feel ripped off. I had a sinus infection for almost a week due to my allergies. But I was stuck there. At that hour, and being too tired, there was nothing to do expect lay there and wake up with a headache. Never again.

Room Tip: The best room would be in your car in the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear GoMickeyJoe,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are very proud and cleanliness levels that are set for our hotels. We do appreciate your comments. I understand you have already spoken with our customer care team. We would like to discuss this further. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vermont
Reviewed September 17, 2012

First - the highlights - the location couldn't have been more perfect for accessing the Comcast Center (the reason we were staying there was for a concert at the Comcast Center). The lobby is beautiful, and the pool area looked really nice, though we didn't use it. The restaurant also looked nice, but again, we didn't use it. And all employees that we encountered were very friendly and accommodating - cannot complain about the people working there at all.

Now for the bad news . . . We arrived almost an hour after check-in time, and they weren't sure if they had a room ready for us due to housekeeping being backed up, and we ended up with a room that may have been a little substandard to the one we actually booked. Once you get into the actual rooms portion of the hotel, things look very tired and worn. The cleanliness of the floors in the corridors was less than stellar, and there is a strong decades-old cigarette smell even in the non-smoking sessions. The room was very clean, but again, worn and tired. The bed was very comfortable - no complaints about that. The lighting in the bathroom, however, was very creepy and morgue-like. Also - of the two keys that were given to us for our room, only one actually functioned. There were lots of rowdy people in the hotel that night, which was understandable since most of them were attending the same heavy metal concert that we were, but unfortunately, the sound-proofing was almost non-existent, so when the time came to actually go to sleep, it was difficult.

We didn't complain or report anything that concerned us because we were really using the place as a crash-pad after the concert. And we've definitely stayed in worse places, but we probably wouldn't choose this one again, unless they undergo a major renovation and/or decreaes their prices a bit.

There are many wonderful and much more comfortable hotels right up the road in Norwood which also offer complimentary coffee service 24/7 as well as free breakfast in the morning for the same price, which makes it worth the extra 10 minute drive to the venue. If those services became available at this Holiday Inn, it would also influence our consideration of staying there again.

Bottom line - this hotel is okay, but there are better choices.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We are sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenties you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.
Durham, Maine
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great hotel. We stopped here because it was listed as pet friendly. Pets under 30 pounds are just $15 more. Our dog is 45 pounds, but quiet as a mouse. Nobody noticed or cared.

It seems like hotel pools keep getting smaller but this one had a nice, large, indoor pool. There were tables and plants and it seemed very spacious and appealing.

We got the breakfast buffet in the morning, which was very good with all the eggs, bacon and so on that my husband likes, plus the fruit, yogurt, muffins that I like. Kids eat free. Hello! I'll say that again: The kids' breakfast was on the house. We have 3 kids so that was a big savings for us.

The service was very good too. I asked for extra blankets and they appears quickly. Then, at breakfast, the hostess noticed that one of my sons didn't seem to be eating much. She encouraged him to take something so he wouldn't be hungary in the car later. He said no, so she bought out a bag with 3 bananas and granola bars in it for them to munch in the car which I thought was very kind and lovely.

This hotel is in an office park at the nexus of routes 95 and 495. So it is on your way whichever direction you are heading and a quick and 'inn' and out!

Room Tip: If you plan to sleep late, get a room on the poolside. The morning light doesn't come in. I woke...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristin N
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area? Share your experiences!