“Convenient to Gillette, Comfortable Stay”

Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
“Convenient to Gillette, Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have stayed at this Holiday about a dozen times over the years, we travel to the Foxboro area for Patriots games and Concerts and this hotel is the most comfortable int he area. I manage a hotel so I am rather picky about my accomodations. We have stayed at a few others in Mansfield but always use the Holiday Inn as our first pick. The rooms are clean, comfortable, roomy and you can't beat the location with easy back roads to the stadium, a stop n shop nearby for gathering all your goods and a dunkin donuts. They have always been accomodating with trying to get an early checkin so we can drop our luggage before heading to the event, which I personally know can be a pain as everyone is trying for this on the same day! Teddy helped us this past weekend with an early check and I thank him for that! We will be back!

Room Tip: If you are going to be in your room more than to sleep, request a interior pool view room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank acadia98
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is my 3rd visit in a year to this hotel. It is getting more run down every time I visit. The bathtub had a hole punched in it and was covered up by the shower mat! No fridge in regular rooms, and the ice/vending machines are a long distance down the hall. Air conditioning unit very loud in every room i've stayed. My visit to the resturant. Service in the hotel restaurant bar all depends on who is working. 1 night great service next night a barmaid who should be fired. Exterior doors at the entrances did not lock!
Internet very slow. Didn't even try the breakfast as it was $10, and the breakfast area looks dirty. My coworker and I agreed not to stay here next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank strapperman2016
We appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. It is through honest criticism that we work to improve our services. We would love the opportunity to show you what a great hotel and staff that we have.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

my husband and I stayed at this location for a few days after attending a concert at the Comcast center.hotel Is.easy to find and close to the comcast center.rooms are very clean comfortable bed very pretty hotel with a large indoor pool great service and great food.we enjoyed our stay and will be returning in a few weeks

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank theroyaleprincess
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....Safe travels.
Queens, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during a basketball tournament. The hotel is located in between some corporate offices with no restaurants within walking distance, although there is a restaurant on site. The front desk was helpful and friendly, the room was clean, but the bath tub had some drainage problems and the wallpaper was a bit run down. The beds were a little soft. Buffet breakfast was offered for $10, which was acceptable. There was also a decent size indoor pool, WiFi was free but the speed was slower than 3G.

Room Tip: There is a Dunkin Donut inside a Stop and Shop on the same street if you need early morning coffee.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TerenceT
austin,tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel is a steal. Of course I had a rental car so it worked out for me. It's about 30 min from providence rhode island and about 45-50 from Boston. It has an indoor pool which is nice especially since I've got a bad sunburn already. The rooms are large and clean beds are comfy and overall much better than most of the places I've stayed.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank darqstone
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time for the great review and hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Mansfield.
Ridgefield ct
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Place is clean, service is good. The pool is good for kids. We stayed for a hockey tournament with our family and overall good deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the comments and hope to see you return soon to the Holiday Inn Mansfield
Conn.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

It was almost surreal as the wheels came off at this place. And once they started it was a runaway train going downhill on ice. Personally I chalk it up to one of those negative outliers, management came through as I exited, but with a TripAdvisor logo on the front door recommending this hotel, you gotta know the good, the bad and the ugly.

With all the positive reviews on this site I felt that my rare stay at a Holiday Inn would be OK. The convenience to my early meeting was too good to pass up. I was also surprised when I saw that the fitness center was 8,000 square feet on line and called before I drove the three hours and yes there was an 8,000 square foot fitness center attached to the hotel.

As I parked with the few other cars at 845 on a Sunday night I looked at an extremely attractive building, so far so good. I grabbed by bag and walked to the front desk. The check in girl was incredibly efficient and explained where everything was in a nano-second. I asked her to repeat when the restaurant closed and I had a 15 minute window to eat. I dropped my luggage in the room and dashed to the bar. A quick order of a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings and I was in under the bell and started watching the ballgame with a big cold glass of water. The food arrived. Immediately after my first bite of the onion rings I spit out into the napkin. It was full of grease and not crisp at all; all the others were the same. The cheeseburger was equally bad. Meat and bacon were burnt and incredibly over cooked, and the bun was flavorless. Both not to my liking. The front desk clerk gave me a coupon for a comped breakfast for the following morning. That was not much better. I ordered an eggbeater omelet with veggies and an English muffin plus coffee. The muffin was cold and the omelet and the potatoes were dripping in grease and black pepper.

The room was extremely small, I had an outside room and if the map on the back of the door is correct, the interior rooms are twice the size. I was only there for a quick overnight so no big deal. There were two queen beds, each with four pillows. The top two on both had cute little ribbons announcing if they were “soft” or “hard” in case anyone could not figure on their own. The chair was tucked in the corner, or should I say stuffed since the two beds took up so much of the room. It was pretty comfortable when you climbed into it. The desk was fine, but there was one outlet in the desk lamp, in fact the whole room is pretty non-gadget friendly with no useful plugs. There are three lamps which were adequate. There are two to the side of the bed. I plugged my ipad and ipod in the bathroom. The bed was very soft but comfortable. The TV, on a swivel, had a good selection of channels from what I saw. No thermostat on the wall, you control on the individual unit that juts out the wall. As other have stated, closing the blinds for full privacy is a challenge.

The bath is very small. A single sink, SOT and three towel sets. Low- to mid- level quality of toiletries. Other feelings below

The fitness center opens at 515 and is quite large; plus it has lots of machines. I only wish someone had posted that there is a second exercise room up the stairs that has TVs and newer equipment. As for the equipment, yes there was a lot, but I think they would benefit from a good old fashioned service call.

But I had numerous unfortunate surprises:

1. No water in the room, but there are vending machines near the room. That would be OK if they actually had water in them. The refrigerator at the front desk has them as well, but on my night these were lukewarm at best;
2. Every door I pushed to get to/from the room was sticky;
3. The shower did not drain properly…I was ankle deep in water when I finished;
4. There were numerous chips in the tub, the handle was coming out and the caulk was due for a re-do;
5. The sound of the HVAC is similar to a small engine, be prepared for a wake up from the noise every time it turns on;
6. No glasses in the bathroom, I did eventually finally find them under the night table between the two beds
7. The water pressure in the sink is horrible. It could not even clean the shaving cream from my razor;
8. No bath mat, but I did use one of the towels;
9. And the worst part, I found a toe nail clipping in my bed, and it was not mine.

As I exited the newly appointed front desk manager followed me into the parking lot. I explained all the shortcomings and he is new to the job and had already sent an email to the general manager. He purged the bill. I think there was probably an interesting meeting during the day. With all the traveling I do, this was definitely a bad night, bad luck. Hopefully these will be addressed before on my next trip to the area so I can see if the housekeeping, maintenance and kitchen staff come up to the standards of the facility.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank jfood
I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience while staying with us. Please consider giving us another chance the next time you are in the Mansfield/Foxboro area. We are eager to show you an exceptional travel experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area? Share your experiences!