“Experience was tops”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 316 helpful votes
“Experience was tops”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Love the atmosphere service and selection. Brings back warm feelings of days gone by. Your family will love the selection. Best fudge.

Visited August 2010
1 Thank Laurieanne M

Warwick, RI
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“My favorite country store”
Reviewed November 22, 2008

We absolutely love this store. I have always brought my daughter with me and have always felt welcome here. Of course she is not a child that runs through the store and is disruptive in anyway. They have wonderful candy, fudge, cheese, pickles, furniture, country accessories and the piano and music box are always our favorites. A special place if you are looking for a gift or something new to try. Their preserves are the best. I am always willing to travel from RI to visit this store. Thanks for the best in quality goods.

1 Thank Asigner4u2
Mansfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"Charming"”
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Have been to the Old country Store several times...with and without my child. Yes, the staff is a little protective of the store....understandably so! Very tight areas with merchandise...not only a potential for things to be broken but in all honesty something could fall onto a child...not a "child safe area" in any way! Have bought/done business with them several times without any issue...hopefully all that had an adverse feeling will be a little more open minded and take this valid reason into some consideration.

"Kim from Mansfield"

2 Thank babycatcher1970
Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Rude Rude Rude”
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I don't think I have ever seen rudeness like at the Old Country Store. One would think its a warm, friendly place, but it is anything but. The staff was rude. The place needs to be run with people who have experience with the industry....it's called hospitality! As the owner of my own store, my recommendation is not to go to the Old Country Store until they are bought out by someone who understands the concept of dealing with the general public.

3 Thank rebec b
Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Kids Are Not Welcomed”
Reviewed February 24, 2008

What a wonder place to have with a NOT so penny candy counter and a non charming environment that is not set up for Children but sell children toys. Children are immediately assessed as naughty and misbehaved as soon as they enter their doors. KIDS ARE FOLLOWED THROUGHOUT THE STORE AS THOUGH THEY ARE THIEVES - THEY ARE HARRESSING CHILDREN. My children left the store crying as a very rude woman told them they had to stay next to their parent when I told my children to get what they wanted. The Owner/Manager is a total snob and has NO Customer Service experience. DO NOT SHOP AT THIS STORE. There is a new shopping area before you get to this store which invites children into their stores with open arms. This is written on behalf of my children. Children are people too!!!

4 Thank Family04Travel