“All-time favorite”
Review of Cibo Matto Cafe

Cibo Matto Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Cibo Matto Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Inspired Italian cuisine
Florida
“All-time favorite”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I, now, come to this restaurant every Friday evening with my 91 year old Mom. Food is delicious, beautiful presentation, very reasonably priced for the portions. I recommend Cibo Matto to everyone I can.

• Visited September 2012

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Hair in food”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have visited Cibo Matto Cafe on at least three occasions in the last two months for weekday lunch with business associates. I enjoyed each visit. My family had heard me speak about how much I enjoyed the Lobster Mac & Cheese and asked to go there. I brought them to the restaurant for lunch on the 1st of September. The restaurant was not particularly busy but I was surprised when the waiter told me they did not have any of the usual Ciabatta Bread with olive oil available but that they were baking some which would be ready shortly. We received our appetizer which was very good in about 10 minutes. It took another 20 minutes before we received the Entrees. My son had one bite of his Mac & Cheese and then pulled a large black hair out of the bowl. As we were all eating the Mac & Cheese it killed our appetites. I know things happen by mistake but when I pointed it out to the waiter he grabbed it and said he would get my son another dish (no apology given). He brought the new dish back in less than 5 minutes which told me they did not cook up a fresh batch. We then asked to wrap up everything to go including the mostly uneaten meals. I also asked for some ciabatta bread to be included. He brought back the to- go containers and said the ciabatta bread was still not baked (amazing as they cooked a new meal for my son in 5 mins.). The waiter did not even put the items into a bag for us and when we asked to have it bagged he just dropped a bag on the table (too small for the meals). I was appalled at the poor service. A bad experience could have been resolved with proper attention from our waiter (Spencer). Too bad ! I had been recommending this restaurant to friends and associates prior to this incident.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Mike S
Milford, Massachusetts
“Another very good lunch experience!!!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The group shared the fried calamari which was crisp and tender with some arugula to cut the richness.
The goat cheese salad was delicious as well. The slices of pear were flavorful along with the four good size shrimp.

The others in the group had the chicken piccata, lobster mac and cheese and the buffalo chicken pizza. The lobster mac was rich with a nice breadcrumb topping for some crunch. The individual size pizza was a good size with lots of chicken and cheese. The piccata was good but the pasta on the side was a bit bland.

Overall, everyone enjoyed their selections and would return.

• Visited August 2012
Homer
“unexpected flavor combinations with seasonal ingredients = fun dining experience”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Dining solo I sat at the bar and watched Spencer work his magic as he really seemed to be in his element here. He is extraordinarily talented and demonstrated a mastery of knowledge on both mixology and craft beers, and also an appreciation for the menu's primary ingredients and food preparation.

One of the delights I enjoy while dining out is the experience of contemplation on a varied menu with unique items that make choosing difficult. I started out with a salad of roasted golden beets which includes baby arugula, pistachio, gorgonzola vinaigrette, and a champagne orange reduction ($10). The entre was a small Parma pizza with tomato, fresh mozzarella, arugula, prosciutto, and shaved parmesan ($13). I really enjoy thin crust pizza and this pie was rolled out very thin and perfected crisped in the brick oven.

My observation is this establishment is run as professionally and efficiently as any chain but with all the talent and hospitality that only a small business can deliver. I want to return to try their pasta.

• Visited July 2012
Milford, Massachusetts
“Great food and desserts.....reasonably priced for lunch”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Sampled quite a few items as nine of us had lunch there. The beet salad was delicious, drizzled lightly with the balsamic reduction and topped with pistachios. The arancini were crispy on the outside and lots of flavor from the cheese and pork inside. The pizzas are very well done, the harvest pie with butternut squash, fontina and fried sage leaves was fabulous. A drizzle of the balsamic reduction cut the richness. The buffalo chicken pizza was also very tasty.

Since it took a while for the salads to come, they did offer complimentary desserts. We ordered a few for the table.....all were delicious....cannoli, chocolate souffle, creme brule, lemon ice box cake and raspberry rhubarb tart.

We would definitely come again. The drinks/wine menu was reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2012