“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Cuisines: Asian
Braintree, MA
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went to Asia Grill and Sushi on our way to a concert at the Comcast Center and were pleasantly surprised that a strip mall restaurant could be so good. We had Pad Thai and the Double Dragon maki. Both were extremely well prepared and presented, and a generous portion. The service was excellent and the Mai Tai made for an awesome start to the evening. If we lived closer we would certainly go back again and will definitely make it part of our next trip to the Comcast Center.

• Visited June 2013

Norfolk, Massachusetts
“We haven't been back...”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went here for lunch a few months ago and haven't been back since. We went for lunch during a weekday and the restaurant was dark and empty. The food was uninspired and the service was unremarkable. We felt uncomfortable.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank jackmcf
Brockton, MA
“Try the boneless spare ribs.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

When you first look at this place you think it may be very expensive, but it isn't. The menu has lots of choices, from sushi to fried rice. Everything I have had here is very tasty, but the boneless spareribs are FANTASTIC.

Visited April 2013
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Try the hot pot”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This is so much fun! Kinda like fondue but better. They bring two kinds of broth to your table and keep them on heaters. Then you sekect all kinds of veggies and meats and or seafood to cook in the broth. It's really delicious and fun too.

1 Thank stregg
Easton, Massachusetts
“Finally gave it a try”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We are locals, so we finally hit up Asia Grill wanting to try something different. My husband loves sushi and I wanted to try the Hot Pot because we've never had it before. My husband ordered a could maki rolls which he said were average. I ordered the chicken and steak hot pot for both of us, as the sushi was supposed to be my husband's appetizer. My major feedback, which I also gave on their in house survey, is that they provide no education on how to do the Hot Pot. They basically turn it on for you and give you the stuff and let you have at it. I have experience with fondue at the Melting Pot, and even there they remind you about not eating utinsels and plates that have touched raw meat when you assure them you have been there before and know to be careful. This place provides no education about how to cook to food or food safety. I just hope no one gets sick. We did what we thought was "right" to cook the food and noodles in the broth, but who knows... The server only came by to take our order and deliver our food. If she was around more I would have asked questions. Now, I will say we didn't contest because my husband doesn't have a huge appetite, but the server only came out with one portion of the chicken and steak which my husband and I then shared. It was good, but we did leave hungry... I want to make it clear though that we didn't complain about anything, I'm sure if we had said something, we would've been served the additional portion. If you know hot to do Hot Pot and/or you want to ask your questions up front, I recommend this place. They also have Hibachi which I know a lot of people like. As you can see from the owner's video which is surely available on their website since they play it outside the restaurant, their goal is to offer all kinds of Asian cuisine in one place. The owner was actually the man who seated us.

Visited February 2013