“Excellent chowder, kitchen issues” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fresh Catch

Fresh Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Fresh Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 57 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent chowder, kitchen issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel we stayed at recommended this restaurant. This visit I would rate as a sweet and sour situation! We tried the chowder which was recommended and it was delicious. The server was friendly and efficient and tried her best, with a kitchen crew that I would say were not at their best. We ordered our food and could not believe how long it took to get our meals. Everyone around us were getting there meals much quicker, and we had ordered easy choices, I thought. I had ordered a Mahi Mahi BLT, it arrived on white bread after I had ordered wheat, the bread was not really toasted just hard and dried out though like day old bread. The sandwich was missing the tomatoes and the special lime mayo they advertised was also missing. The sandwich did not look appetizing, it was in a mess that could not even be picked up. After I complained, and waited for a new sandwich, the next sandwich looked and tasted good. Was still very disappointed in entire visit though at that time. The awesome chowder did not make up for the rest of the experience unfortunately!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Forget the new breakfast idea...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I live in the area and every Saturday morning we walk to someplace to have breakfast. Today we decided to try the new Fresh Catch breakfast option.
I have had dinner here and it was great. We were hoping to have this restaurant as one in our regular rotation, but after the meal today I think we won't go back for breakfast.
The table was sticky when I sat down, there wasn't any Splenda for my coffee, the eggs were bland, the home fries tasted burned and the grilled English muffin was too greasy and the coffee mediocre. Nothing was as hot as it should be either.
They had some interesting fish breakfast entrees that perhaps I should have started with as this is their specialty. But they need to be able to do a regular breakfast to draw a following.
They should stick to lunch and dinner.
Also upon leaving through the grocery side of the businesses my nose was hit with a pervasive one-day-too-old fish smell.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Huntington Beach, California
“Fish and Deli, Perfect Match”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were meeting friends from the next town over and they said this was their go-to place. At one time, they said, the restaurant had been only half the size and primarily a deli but it had taken on an adjoining suite and was now quite the family restaurant.

My wife and I split a lobster salad roll. It was perfectly dressed with just a little mayonnaise piled into a brioche bun. Accompanied by French fries and cole slaw, it hit the spot. The fries were fresh and warm. The cole slaw was pleasantly creamy. The portion was perfect for the two of us.

We were there late; about 1:00 pm. Seating was no problem and service was prompt but not overwhelming. We can now see why our friends consider it a go-to place. And if you need something from the deli or fish market, that is there as well. A perfect match.

Visited June 2013
Mansfield, MA
“Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

The menu is good. The food is good. The service is good.
I would definitely recommend this to anybody in the area looking for a seafood place to eat at.

Visited March 2013
Woburn, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had a very nice lunch here on Saturday. Located on Route 106 it was an easy ride from our hotel. The service was friendly and the food very good. We even brought some treats back to the room.

Visited April 2013