“Great Family Beach - but can be no fun beach for older kids”
Review of Singing Beach

Singing Beach
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great for Families, beautiful views and the sand is clean. As my kids got older, we started calling it the "no fun" beach. No swimming toys at all. No boards, or body boards, or any flotation devices. and you can't really set up a volley ball net until after 5.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Loved this beach and although I wouldn't call it singing, if you are good with your steps you might be able to get a tune out of the squeaking sand. If you drive in (you can also take the train from Boston) you will end up paying about $25 plus the $5 admission fee to the beach. Make sure you bring your own towels, chairs, umbrellas, cooler...because this is a bring it in take it out beach and if you want any of those things you will pay dearly for them!

The water was cold to me but there were a few brave souls out there in the water. It is a beautiful beach with the soft sand and rocks that many climb on. Some parts of the water are rockier than others when you walk out into it but it didn't hurt. This is a great beach in a great town. I would go back in a minute.

1  Thank ShopNSlots
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Drove from Carlise, MA to this beach. Visiting relatives in Carlise. Fortunately parking wasn't an issue since a family member dropped us off. Went between 4-6 p.m. on a Saturday afternoon. Wish we could have stayed longer. The sand, ocean and surroundings were absolutely beautiful. Best beach I've been to outside the Caribbean. We searched for shells (found sand dollars, half oyster shells, and a little nautilus snail shell in a short time). The water was clear, the beach was long so you didn't have to be on top of a lot of people, and the bath house and small shop helpful. Beautiful, beautiful beach. Might be helpful to bring swim shoes since there were rocks in the sand that were sharp. Will definitely come back if I have the chance. I have to agree with previous reviews--I didn't hear any sand singing.

2  Thank Connie J
Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you're there on a quiet evening, you can hear the sand sing as you walk through it. Really. I always go off-season, or just before sunset in the summer. I used to go beachcombing - found many sand dollars one year.

On warm days in season, I always stop at Cap'n Dusty's before I get there, to get ice cream. Best beach experience there is!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Adventuring to Singing Beach is a my favorite solo summer day drip because I can take the T and read, gimp, or just chill the entire way there. It's a short and sunny walk after that... and a beautiful beach too.

2  Thank Eleebana G