“Good place to kill time”
Review of Cala's Restaurant

Cala's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New England
“Good place to kill time”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great place to kill time after the beach while waiting for the train. Food is good and workers are nice. Nice ambiance and TVs for sports

Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“I keep trying but it always disappoints”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been to Cala's several times and every time I find the food so-so and the service is just ok. A few days ago we went at 5pm on a Sunday with a party of 10- including 4 kids. There was no one else in the restaurant. They were slow to take our order (anyone with kids knows how stressful this is!) and then they brought the kids dinners out first and staggered the adult meals. We would have liked them all at once. The kids - 4 under the age of 7 could barely sit still during our meals. Then I never received my meal which was a salad. After repeated inquires.. we were told it was coming. When everyone was done with their meal the waitress brought over the salad. I told her that everyone was done and I would just take it to go. She said the shrimp fell on the floor and they had to re-make it. I am totally fine with that but it would have been nice of her to let me know. It was awkward to sit the entire meal without an entree. It made it awkward for all. The other time I went to Cala's, my dad's fish was totally undercooked and was cold in the middle. Scary! I would rather go to their other restaurants. This one is just ok.

• Visited May 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant in downtown Manchester-By-The-Sea. Great atmosphere with quality food. The staff is very professional, friendly and knowledgable about the menu.

• Visited May 2013
Rochester, New York
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten here several times when visiting family and it never disappoints us at all! The kids can get things other than the usual junk on the kids menu ! The waitress we had was wonderful and nothing negative at all happened . The pink grapefruit martini was simply devine!!

Cleveland
“Nice food, pub-like atmosphere”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We came in for a late meal. Everything ordered was tasty. The service was very good. Cute place.

• Visited July 2012