“Budget Surburbia”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Malden
Wellington, New Zealand
“Budget Surburbia”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff here. Room was comfortable - wifi worked well. Breakfast was eatable but average. Not much in the way of restaurants close by although there is a pizza takeaway place opposite. I was on the bottom floor, the walls are a bit "thin" as above me I could easily here a couple having "enjoyment time" with each other - which was a bit disconcerting!! This place is smack bang in the middle of suburbia. There is a bus stop very close by which you can then go by bus to the nearest train station which can then get you into the CBD. I would recommend if your travelling on a budget or want somewhere in Boston for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
econolodgemaldenma, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m pleased that you had a nice stay with us here in suburbia and would recommend our property to other budget travelers. We take real pride in offering a good value. I apologize, however, if any aspect of our property failed to meet your expectations. We satisfy most guests completely and hope you won’t let any minor issues keep you from staying with us again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Receptionist was nice. Hot water in the morning.. None.. Ok at night. Bed average. No iron blow dryer or coffee pot in the room. Scary crowd hanging around. Under construction rolled up carpet that you had to step over in door way. Never go back there

• Stayed March 2014
econolodgemaldenma, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for offering your comments. As you saw, we were working to improve our property during your stay, but I’m sorry that our efforts to improve this hotel detracted from your stay. We’ve improved the boiler and made many other changes aimed at improving the quality of the property and the clientele. I hope you will reconsider and try us again during your next visit to town.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Malden hotels

Hancock, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on Fri night after attending a track meet at Tufts U. We arrived pretty late at 11:45, so we didn't notice how dirty the parking lot was. Check in was an interesting unsettling affair. Not only do they scan your credit card, they make an old school impression of it. On top of that they make a copy of your drivers licence. When I asked about it the unfriendly man told me that it was required by the local police. The room was O-K. It looked pretty old but well cleaned. I could not get the TV to work. There was definitely an old smokey smell to the room. There was quite a bit of noise while trying to go to sleep at 12:30 AM. We both slept pretty well considering the place we were in. I have to keep in mind that this is only a $69.00 a night hotel , so what can you expect. In the morning we went to breakfast and this was the first time a Choice hotel let me down. Coffee, doughnuts, white bread, juice, and cereal was there selection. When we checked out, I asked for the copy of my licence back and they would not give it to me. While walking to the car I noticed a window being propped open. (this is Jan.) We also saw an array of video cameras that was quite impressive. I'm guessing that this inexpensive hotel is in a high crime area. There is an area behind the hotel that looks like great parking, but it is barricaded off. Strange place!

Room Tip: If you have too stay here it is OK for one night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank edbishop55
econolodgemaldenma, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our property. We take security seriously even though we have few problems, but I’m glad you noticed our security measures. We also comply with all local ordinances and regulations regarding guest identification. We have a great working relationship with our city. We’re glad you found the property a good value, but I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations every way. We take guest satisfaction seriously, and if there’s anything I can do to help you, please contact me by phone.

Thanks,
Berlin
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We booked and payed early but got their last room, stinking of smoke, unbearable for non-smokers.We also complain that your website with frame for a personal mail - question (about how to get to you from airport with public transport) did not work. Was it because our e-mail-addr. ends with " .de"?Breakfast: you have to get up early to catch one of their rare apples.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

econolodgemaldenma, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Econo Lodge during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and sorry that it did not match your expectation.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but would like to inform that we have ensured that this never repeats.

Your other points of observations also have been addressed to.

Please do visit us once again and see the difference.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I wish I could give this place a negative star rating. Just entering this place is horrible. It's a huge step up to open the door -- not an actual step but the doorway is raised at least a foot.

As soon as I entered the room I was unhappy since I could not immediately find the light switch. It was behind the door instead of right inside the doorway. Not having the light in a convenient location made me feel unsafe.

The bathtub had some sort of dark pink covering over it in areas that was peeling off. I'm not sure if it was supposed to look like that or not but it made me think I shouldn't use it. The bathroom light was not inside the bathroom nor was it right outside the bathroom. Instead it was around the corner. There also wasn't an option not to have the fan running.

The worst part was the room was it had the most horrible order ever that I think was coming from the carpet. The carpet was absolutely filthy and I kept my shoes on while walking on it.

I was exhausted after traveling for 10+ hours and this was only going to be a quick stop before catching another flight in the morning. Otherwise I would have left as soon as I saw the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
econolodgemaldenma, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it didn’t turn out to be the enjoyable stay you.

• Management was informed about your suggestion and check the possibility if we can implement the suggestions.

• Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I am pleased to tell you that we do take our guest reviews seriously. I hope that you will reconsider and that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge. I think you will be very pleased.

NJ
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had placed reservations for two rooms through AARP. When I drove in, I had a strange feeling about the place. I opened the car door to hear very loud music nearby. We were with our daughters. One room was placed in the front of the hotel and the other was placed in the seedy back of the hotel, with the loud music playing over the fence. The clerk would not budge about changing rooms and I lost my cool about the loud music. The music stopped after 10:00 PM. It was too late to go elsewhere, so my wife and I took the back room and gave our daughters the front room. Needless to say, both rooms were a disgrace. Burn holes in mattresses, stains, on mattress and carpet and that heavy negative smell. We slept on top of the covers, in our clothing and kept in touch with our kids as needed. The hotel could not provide our daughter's room with sufficient towels and pillows. One look at the overall hygiene of the place and the poor quality, very limited breakfast and we decided to skip the breakfast and go to a nearby restaurant. We checked out as quickly as possible, never to return again. AARP and Econo Lodge have been contacted. Where is corporate quality control? What about the local health department? I hope the rest of Malden functions better than this!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
econolodgemaldenma, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge, Malden for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate your review and regret the inconvenience.

We take our reviews very seriously.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The front office staff has been given special training to ensure the best hospitality to our guests.

• The maintenance staff have checked all rooms and confirmed that they are up-to-date in all respects.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose us for your stay and you can feel the change.

Claremont, nh
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The only thing going for this place is its price, we barely had an internet connection, I asked the clerk for a box of tissues and he woke us up at 11pm banging on the door with them 4 hours later, smoking room without an ashtray, door jam pieced together with no security, bunch of migrant workers hanging outside of there rooms drinking, vending machines that didn't work, it says fresh brewed coffee but forgot to mention it was brewed last year, im sure there is a few more things but im trying to forget about this place, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR FIND ANOTHER PLACE

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Econo Lodge, Malden during your last to our area.

We appreciate your review and the observations. We will surely take them for improvement.

We have addressed your observations for further improvement and you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

The hotel staff has been well trained and each room is being thoroughly checked for cleanliness and proper amenities before checking in a new guest.

Hope you will take a note of our actions and visit us again.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malden
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
enVision Hotel Boston-Everett
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!