“Hubby wanted fish and chips”

Hugh O'Neill's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 138 Restaurants in Malden
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We went early on a Sat. night and it wasnt crowded at all. Nice, live Irish music but the food was a dissapointment. Fish and chips was a small portion and the tartar sauce was bland. My steak tips were supposed to be med.rare but were more medium. I asked for rice with it and I got mashed pot. The drinks were small, had little ice and were weak.
Maybe we got an off night but we wont be going back to find out. Too bad because I usually like a nice Irish pub.

There are newer reviews for Hugh O'Neill's Irish Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Far better than you might expect. These guys serve up some of the best fish and chips in the Boston area. The Sunday brunch is terrific, too. A go-to for our family when we're in the market for great casual dining.

Bonus: You can actually find a place to park. That, or take the Orange Line to Malden Center - it's just a short hike down the hill.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a great local pub. The food is decent, some meals are better than others. The Cobb salad is good and my friends really like the buffalo chicken wrap. The staff is extremely friendly. This place is great in the summer when you can sit outside -- the only restaurant in Malden that has tables outside. Wouldn't go out of my way to visit here but if you are in Malden anyway, good place for a beer.

1  Thank cecody
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I ordered the traditional Irish breakfast. We it arrived it was without the black and white pubbing as stated in the description. The after asking about it the waitress said they ran out. We arrived before noon and they serving it until 2, I was amazed how quickly it ran out. It would have been nice to be told this when I was ording. However, the cornedbeef was excellent. Live Irish music on Saturdays.

1  Thank hey_you69
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Not much else to say. We love this place for a drink but have only had bad experiences with the food. Even the grilled cheese was barely edible (and my brother who eats anything agreed). Enjoy a pre or post meal beer but go elsewhere to eat.