“A gem hidden in Malden”

Exchange Street Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Exchange Street Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 145 Restaurants in Malden
Cuisines: American, French, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Orange Line Malden Center Stop
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went for a going away get together party on a Saturday evening. Parking was at a premium until I noticed the public and Free parking(Saturday only?) There are several eating areas, the main one surrounds the bar. We were in a more intimate dining area. Tables were set for different tastings, my favorites were the Broccoli Rabe spring rolls and the Marguerite pizza . Service was attentive and the drinks are reasonable. When I get to Malden again, I will go there.

1  Thank Captcaffeine

Reviewed December 18, 2013

So I gave this 4 stars because I have only been there once. The lobster mac was amazing. The fried calamari was the best I have personally every had. The drink I had was fine, I only had one that day. The service was engaging but not overbearing. Must visit if in the area!

1  Thank Sinclaja
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This restaurant always has ads in the Boston Globe enticing folks to experience Boston dining just a few miles north of the city. And, you can! First of all, although Malden may have had some tough times, this past Sunday, all was bright and breezy with flags flying, trees in blossom, and people from all over the world strolling along clean sidewalks.
We have gone twice this month, once for dinner with another couple to celebrate a birthday. We split on the fixed price specials, but these were well-recieved. I found the mussel appetizers a little less than appealing due to some different seasoning. This past weekend we attended a beautiful bridal shower with plenty of Good food: fresh fruit, waffles, Eggs Benedict, chicken Marsala, and the BEST roasted potatoes, ever! We had great fun and the party was nicely served.

1  Thank Gail G
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Fabulous!! Just celebrated my daughters graduation at Exchange Street Bistro. Had wonderful private room with 40 guests. Food was delicious, servers could not have been more accommodating. Only thing I thought we had the room from 6:00 - 10:00 and were told @ 9:00 that we had to be out by 9:30. Other than that great place!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and i went there for dinner and devoured every morsel of our delicious meals. We both got the special which was a tenderloin with a vegetable and salad. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, were tender and juicy. The warm beet salad was to die for and the side was a wonderful exotic rice. Tasty, tasty, tasty. This trio was then ended with a beautiful lemon blueberry cake. It was also To Die For!

We each ordered a martini and even those were To Die For! My husband got the Apple Pie Martini with a brown sugared rim. YUM! I got the Leeni Martini, blueberry vodka with pomegranate. It was also To Die For!

Our service was excellent, prompt and courteous.

We will be back.

Thanks for a wonderful meal

1  Thank ParticularPatron

Been to Exchange Street Bistro? Share your experiences!