“The "Cheers" of Malden” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 135 Restaurants in Malden
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yarmouthport, MA
“The "Cheers" of Malden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

For anyone working in Boston who wants a better bang for the buck in a restaurant, the nearby small city of Malden has several options. The Dockside is one of them. They operate several spots, two of which are in Malden -- one in Malden Center, the other to the south near the Medford line. These are comfortable, unpretentious local pubs with friendly bartenders, equally friendly bar crowds and substantial food portions. The thin-crust pizza is better than many I've had in the area, and the chicken florentine is dynamite. I also remember having a chicken marsala which was a little sweet for my taste, but good nonetheless. Drinks are generous and not overpriced. There are other good pubs in Malden, but the Dockside restaurants have an especially upbeat energy to them. The original in Malden Center, especially, is what I would consider to be Malden's "Cheers."

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa U, Owner at Dockside Restaurant, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
John, thank you very much for visiting our restaurants and for your great review. We really appreciate your compliments on our atmosphere, staff and food. It is great to hear that we have “upbeat energy.” I will certainly share your positive feedback on our thin-crust pizza, chicken florentine and chicken marsala with our kitchen staff. We greatly appreciate your continued support and look forward to your next visit!

Malden, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly employees and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I love to take my guest to Dockside, it is a friendly atmosphere, great food, a lot of games and reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Thank you very much for visiting the Dockside in Malden and for your great review of our restaurant. It is truly amazing to hear that you enjoy our atmosphere, food and games and take your guests here. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food; friendly staff; reasonable prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I've never had less than a great meal at the Dockside. The staff is attentive and friendly, and the atmosphere is very welcoming. If you're looking for chi-chi aura and cloth napkins and overpriced fare, look elsewhere.

If you're looking for super salmon salad, great hot wings, killer buffalo chicken mac and cheese -- enough for at least THREE meals -- and some absolutely delicious martinis, you have to look no further than the Dockside.

Whenever anyone asks me about great restaurants in Boston, I answer, "Who needs to schlep into Boston? We have great restaurants right here in Malden!" And the Dockside is always on my list of recommendations.

Oh ... and there's plenty of parking.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Julie, thank you very much for visiting our restaurant and for sharing your rave review. We are excited that you have had great experiences at the Dockside in Malden and appreciate your recommendations and support of our local restaurant community. It is exciting to hear that you enjoy our atmosphere and that we are comparable to a Boston establishment. It is truly a compliment and we thank you. We will share your positive feedback of our salmon salad, hot wings, and buffalo chicken mac and cheese with our entire kitchen team. Many thanks for your continued support! We hope to see you soon.
SAUGUS
“fun at the dockside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I visit the Dockside every Saturday night for date night. We usually have dinner first. Food is very good. My husband loves the fajitas and I"m partial to their clams. We then usually stay for drinks. We watch sports on the multiple TV's. No matter where you sit you can see the best of Boston sports. Some nights they have ultimate fighting. My husband loves these nights. Other nights they have the pay per view regular fights. Great evenings especially if you are a sports fanatic like my husband and I. Another reason my husband likes to frequent this establishment is the great bar service and friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Lisa U, Owner at Dockside Restaurant, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Beth, thank you very much for visiting the Dockside in Malden on a regular basis and for your positive review. It is great to hear that our restaurant has become your date-night spot. Many thanks for your loyalty and continued patronage. We appreciate your favorable comments on our fajitas and clams as well as our service at the bar. Thank you! We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!
Malden, Massachusetts
“Friendly - Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Friendly Staff always willing to go the extra mile. Food quality good to average, excellent value. Great value for lunch specials.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Thank you very much for visiting the Dockside in Malden and for your positive review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy our $4.99 lunch specials. We appreciate your favorable review of our staff and will be sure to share your compliment with them. Your support and patronage is extremely important to us. We look forward to your next visit!

Been to Dockside Restaurant? Share your experiences!