“Excellent food, nice waitresses but the new bar staff leaves a lot to be desired”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of District 7 - CLOSED

District 7
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
boston, ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This pub is an unassuming, unpretentious, down-to-earth, comfortable, neighborhood kind of place, that serves very, very good quality food, for reasonable prices (awesome burgers, fab salads dreamy desserts, and much more.). Until six months ago they also had some of the best service staff around. Carla, the bartender, among others, your spunky attitude, friendly professionalism and all around genuine cheerfulness are sorely missed! Whichever hair the new Monday night at least, bartender Eileen, has across her butt, we may never know, but, oh what a lousy attitude hath she. On numerous occasions, she has been nothing but cold, unfriendly, phony, un-accomodating and now we can add a new one: hostile! Who needs a hostile bartender!!?? Not Malden, not Greater Boston, that's for darned sure- too much really good competition out there. And I am not the only one who has had some nasty experiences with her. Maybe she needs to attend an anger management class, or just a basic personality class. Who knows? I don't, but I do know this- the food here, even with the new management, is still good, the location is convenient, the trivia can be fun, the booths are comfy, and there is a good selection of draft beers and even cider, so, rather than give up District 7 altogether, the solution is simple: sit at a table and order your eats and drinks there, and skip the bar. Better to give those tips to the waitresses who are much kinder human beings.

• Visited November 2013

“Never disappoints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have been coming to District 7 for about a year now and they never disappoint. So far, all the meals have been freshly made and taste is awesome.This is a firefighter themed pub style restaurant which i believe is still owned by a Malden firefighter. The nachos are always cooked with cheese melted throughout, which you don't usually find in other restaurants. The steak tips are always cooked tender with a great flavor. I'm sure i'll be back again real soon.

• Visited September 2013
Everett, Massachusetts
“Sub-par food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a composite review based on two experiences.

The first time I went to District 7 was in June, and I had a pretty good experience worthy of three stars. The food was nothing special but was good. My friends and I ordered some appetizers, and I had a dinner salad for my main course. Everything seemed fresh, and the atmosphere was pretty good, though the service staff seemed a bit overwhelmed and service was slow. I liked the firehouse theme though and enjoyed my evening.

I just went there this evening and had a pretty negative experience. The service still seemed a tad discombobulated but was friendly. The food, however, was a serious letdown. I ordered the fish and chips, and my friend ordered the steak tips. Based on my previous experience, I was excited about the fish and chips, figuring they'd be good in a pub-type place like this. When my plate arrived though, I could tell instantly that they were previously frozen fish tenders, and they were served over a meager bed of fries. I had my friend taste the fish, and she verified that it seemed like frozen fish. The fries were also clearly not freshly-made and seemed like generic store-bought frozen fries. For $13.50, I expected much, much more. My friend's steak tips were drowning in barbecue sauce and lacked flavor, and the mashed potatoes were rubbery and seemed like they were made from reconstituted potato flakes. Even the string beans seemed flavorless and potentially heated up from frozen. For $15, the food should have been cooked to a much, much higher standard.

This place is constantly offering Groupons, and I'm beginning to see why they might need to attract more customers. Based on the reviews I see here, maybe this was just a fluke bad night. That said, I was appalled by the quality of the food. Even some of the chain restaurants offer better value and tastier food, and that's saying something. I hope someone from management reads this and addresses this issue because I want to like this place, but I cannot recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

With not so many choices in Malden, District 7 was a very pleasant surprised when we realized it served good food for decent prices, with beer specials every day of the week. There aren't many tables so if you go on a weekend or a night when there is a game you will need to wait, but it usually goes quick. A ton of regulars. People always playing keno. Nice for a few drinks, or a fun dinner with friends,

Visited July 2013
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Nice little hidden gem.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I tried District 7 because I got a Groupon for a good price. I would not even have known this place existed if not for that. The food was very good and the prices were OUTRAGEOUSLY REASONABLE. While this could be considered pub food it was very good. I got a huge salad and a burger with fries. I was hard pressed to finish it. While we did not get appatizers, those around us did and let me tell you they were huge and delicious looking. This place is figherfighter themed and again while not fine dining a great place to meet friends for lunch or dinner.

Visited June 2013