“Slower service and food is Delicious”
Review of The Fat Cactus - CLOSED

The Fat Cactus
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Waiter did not hover, although he could have done a better job checking our drinks the food was authentic, delicious and cooked just right. Funky decor, music good, fun things to look at while waiting and waiting

There are newer reviews for The Fat Cactus

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Great setting for any time of Day or night. Fun friendly wait staff. Music on deck. Traffic not even heard. Look forward to next trip after work! The salads are always fresh. The lunch buffet was enjoyable as well.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My friend and I decided to stop in for an early lunch on Cinco de Mayo. I loved the decor. You really felt transported when you walked through the door! We initially asked to sit on the deck but it was too cold. We went back to the main desk and had a bit of a wait to finally be seated in a free booth. The place wasn't crowded at all so I wasn't sure why we had to stand there awkwardly with our menus, cutlery and the freebies they gave us (sombrero bottle openers and some other thing). Four people said they had to check before they could seat us. Once we were seated, we were in awe of the extensive menu. I stupidly picked the chimichanga even though it had one pepper. It was way too spicy. I ended up eating the basket of free tortilla chips and dunking it in the sauce; I also ate the rice and the salad, very good. I took the rest home and my friend ate it later. My friend got a catfish taco. Also pretty spicy. He loved it and was done in no time. The portions are huge. Seriously huge. They have an extensive beer list and quite a few mixed drinks. I ordered a white mango sangria and it was awesome. The food came out fast and we never felt ignored by our server which was nice. We decided to split a fried ice cream dish for dessert. Erm, not my cup of tea. Interesting but not for me. The bill was very reasonable. We'd probably go back and next time I will order something a bit more bland!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Terrible, awful, inedible I have nothing good to say about this place. The food is better at Taco Bell. The bartenders are only good at opening a bottle, mixed drinks are beyond their capabilities. If your a young good looking guy you'll get plenty of attention from the waitstaff, otherwise your out of luck. I was here with friends in the bar area and the only good thing that night was the band (Fun Bucket). Run for the Border Cafe further up rte 1.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great traditional Mex-Tex and Mexican food. Highly recommend the chicken enchiladas and piled-high nachos.