“AMAZING!!!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had stopped at this restaurant for lunch as I was traveling through. They didn't have risotto on the lunch menu, but they took the time to make it special. They did a Sweet Pea Risotto with Pan Seared Scallops..... let's just say it was AMAZING!! Before my meal came out, I tried their Seafood Bisque and again, it was so delicious. Not only is their customer service over the top (especially my waitress Trish), the atmosphere was great. They have oldies music playing in the background. It made me feel like I was at home. I would highly recommend this place and if I am ever in the area again, I will be back! Thank you Porthole Pub for such a wonderful experience!

1  Thank Jessica P

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This place is pretty good. We go once and a while and always leaves pleased. The building isn't much to look at outside but once you get inside it is pretty well kept together. There are plenty of tables and we have never had to wait. They also have a deck in the summer but the view is only decent.

What stands out to me the most is the food. The menu is huge which can sometimes be a sign of big freezers. Every meal I have had has tasted fresh and I have been impressed.

The parking is easy. the value is very good, I don;t think you'll ever pay more than $15 for an entree. The drink selection is also impressive but be aware they are strong.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

With a setting right on the coastline of a typical New England fishing area, this restaurant disappoints on many levels. The food was mediocre, the décor dark and old fashioned, the service almost condescending. If not for the location, we would not have bothered to visit. Now we will not return. Disappointing.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Porthole Pub is a must go to if you are in the Boston area! I stopped at this restaurant last year on the way home from Salem. Such a great find. Food was delicious and the service was the best I've had in a long time. This spring I was in the area and had to stop. Again the food was delicious and the service was perfect. Last Friday on my way back from Rockport I went to the Porthole Pub again. The steak tips were perfect!!!!!! And let me say, our server Amanda was such a delight! Everyone should go to this fabulous establishment.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

While the food is ok and has a proper menu the place is worn out and needs refreshing
The clam chowder is outstanding and they have Keno