“Porthole Restaurant”

Porthole Pub
Ranked #11 of 180 Restaurants in Lynn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hyattsville, Maryland
“Porthole Restaurant”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I, along with my parents, were visiting family friends and since we wanted lobster, we were taken here. I ordered a bowl of Seafood Bisque and the stuffed lobster with scallops and lobster. I got a CUP of cold soup and a lobster stuffed with bread crumbs. The soup was microwaved so I got it back hot. Being that I am from Maryland, all this soup is, Maryland Cream of Crab Soup with other seafood in it. It was ok. The lobster was sad. I cracked open one of the claws and all I got was a "soupy" substance that came out of it. :-( The waiter even told us that the lobsters were from Maine and not the Boston area. I doubt I'll be eating here again. The final price threw me for a loop. Definitely not worth it!

• Visited September 2012

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Business meeting Okay”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Attended a professional gathering here whihc was cash bar, okay, and typical meal. Guests seated were served a salad to start, and plug of potato, some crisply cooked veg (nice) saauce and center of the plate portein

Visited March 2012
Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Reasonable food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a local place for ok seafood. It's not bad by any means, but nothing special either. My husband does love their seafood casserole. The atmosphere is a little "old", you get the feeling their customers have been going there for many years, and they are not getting too many new ones. There is no water view, despite being right by the sea. Overall, the prices are very reasonable, and the food is ok.

• Visited July 2012
woburn, ma
“Seafood Version of the Hilltop Steakhouse”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Went there last night after having not eaten there in several years. I started with the lobster bisque, served in a coffee mug, overflowing, called "avalanche" style according to our waitress. It was very tasty and full of lobster meat, Hubby had the clam chowder which he said was very good. I had broiled haddock that was fresh and cooked perfectly. My husband had a side of fried clams and small order of onion rings. The clams came with rings which the waitress failed to mention - dumb! He liked the clams, said the rings were fair, and the tartar sauce was the worse he ever had! He always orders his fried foods with extra tartar sauce, so this was a huge disappointment. The portions were great, reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2012
“Good Place For A Beer and Food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Food was Good. The Clam Chowder was great. Good place that has average prices on drinks and meals. Me and my friends got some seafood plates and everything tasted good.

Been to Porthole Pub? Share your experiences!