“Food or Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rossetti Restaurant of Lynn

Rossetti Restaurant of Lynn
Reserve with OpenTable
Rossetti Restaurant of Lynn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 177 Restaurants in Lynn
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Food or Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at the newly opened Rossetti Restaurant in Lynn, MA. I was not quite in love with my fra diavolo; however; he raved over his rigatoni. I loved the house prosecco, it was the best of the Italian wine that I have tasted. The atmosphere is chic but gone is the homely corner of the original one in Winthrop. My husband had a sip of the French whisky called Bastille. He thought it was so unusual and a real treat. I would go back but perhaps, skipping the fra diavolo. Nevertheless, the staff is amazingly friendly, around and about with smiles and charming. It was a lovely evening and we are thrilled that another restaurant like the Blue Ox in the corner sprang in the city of Lynn.

• Visited March 2014

Danvers, Massachusetts
“Molto Bene”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at Rossetti's for the first time this past weekend. Very pretty modern restaurant decorated in hues of grey and black. Another couple entered the restaurant at the same time as us so we let them be seated first. The hostess seemed to have a hard time locating their reservation until the girl offered that they made there reservation ten minutes before arriving at the restaurant. They were seated in what appeared to be the back room which is probably more conducive to conversation. We were seated by the door very close to another table for two on the side of the bar. All of this would have been fine, but it was a cold night so we didn't want to sit by the door. We asked to have our table moved (there were still plenty available) and were told that we couldn't be moved because all of the tables were reserved. Okay..I guess? One of the people at the table next to us overheard us and made some rude comment because they thought we asked to be moved because we were seated to close to them. So much for eavesdropping and getting the conversation completely wrong. Not going so well at this point but "chin up" ..as I didn't want to let this ruin the evening. My ordered two martinis that were done perfectly BUT the glasses are definitely on the small side. We passed on the appetizer and ordered dinner. My wife chose the Chicken Margharita and I ordered the Broccoli Rabe Sausage and Pasta. They delivered bread and dipping olive oil to our table which was very good. The Chicken Margharita was very good but a touch to lemony. Not sure why they call it Margharita when it was a typical Chicken Piccata dish. Chicken was moist and delicious. The Broccoli Rabe, Sausage and Pasta was DELICIOUS!! I will definitely have this again. The service was excellent and prices reasonable. The only downside of this restaurant is the acoustics. Doesn't seem like they gave this much thought as it is very loud and difficult to hear servers speaking. If I could recommend one thing, I might suggest that they try to address this problem. Also, some nice background music would be a good touch. An added benefit is the parking lot directly across the street! All in all loved our first experience at Rosetti's and will most definitely go back again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank cjl00_0
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Great New Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I have gone to Rossettis twice and both times we loved it. We had great service and Chris the manager checked on us often during our visits. We visited on Wednesday nights and the restaurant was packed both times but we had reservations and were seated almost immediately. The food is great I loved the veal parm and my wife had the eggplant parm the 2nd time and lobster ravioli with shrimp on our first visit. We met many locals there and enjoyed the atmosphere. Recommend highly and glad they expanded to Lynn.

Maynard, Massachusetts, United States
“This place get's it done and then some.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have been to this resturant a few times and each time it didn't disappoint. From the home bread to the great salads to the delicious entres. The chef really knows his stuff. Very nice inside, clean good drinks and wine. Nothing is left to chance. The meals are timed perfectly. Do yourself a favor and go here. BUT be sure to make a reservation as it gets very busy and you'll never get a table.

Boston
“Absolutely outstanding food, but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

To channel a little Yogi Berra -- "Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded". Not too shabby for a place that's only been open for a couple months.

On a cold Saturday night the bar and the tables were absolutely packed. So packed that my large party's reservation for 6 p.m. was worthless as we stood by the door for over 40 minutes until we could be seated. But I give credit (and thanks) to the owner chef, Bob Rossetti, who personally apologized to the entire party and then treated us to a few fabulous appetizers for our patience. Definitely, a stand-up and classy guy.

So it was a rocky start. But, hey, we came to eat, right? Well, the food ... all of it ... was simply spectacular. And a great value for the prices! Chicken parm, eggplant parm, frutti de mare, haddock and risotto -- everyone at the table commented on their dinners being among the best, if not the best, Italian entrees they've ever had.

Service? Let's just say that the staff was, uh, a little overwhelmed. We had another long wait for dessert and coffee and then had to literally chase down the waitress for our check. So, yeah, the end of the night could have gone better too.

BUT, I can guarantee that all of us will return because everything that came out of that kitchen was A++. We'll just make sure that it's on a weeknight when maybe the floor will be a little more open and the staff might be a little less stressed. It will be SO worth the trip.

• 3 of 5 bubbles