“An Unexpected Gem”

Add it.
Chef's House
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Chef's House is a small (approximately 20 seat) restaurant. The outside is not very notable and you may very well drive on by. If you were looking for an amazing dining experience that would be the wrong decision. The inside is warm and inviting. Linen, wine glasses and silverware are on the table. They do not currently have a liquor license so it is BYOB. The chef/owner was available, friendly and accomodating. He much appreciated the enthusiastic response of the diners to his food.

Now on to the best part of the experience...the food. Earlier in the week, I got take out and sampled the chicken parm with homemade linguine, the chicken roman with homemade FUSILI and Chicken Scallopine with homemade parpadelle. The pasta was the best I've ever had. Chicken was tender and moist and so tasty. The lemon in the scallopine popped in your mouth. The food also traveled very well.

So of course, after my wonderful experience, I had to eat in. The experience was so much better. The house special, veal shank, was to die for...tender, moist and so flavorful. It usually comes with polenta but I had the homemade fusili. (Did I mention how over the top delicious the fusili was). IThis is the kind of meal I expect and that I want to have when I eat out. I will be going back to the Chef's House over and over again.

I love this restaurant so much that I had to bring them family. Seven of us went on a Friday night. Everyone raved about the food. From the bologase, Vongole, chicken roman, lobster thermador, lamb shank and Rosemary Chicken, everyone was thrilled with the taste and quality of their food.

It was my stepmother's birthday and the chef brought out the cake. Everyone in this small restaurant sang happy birthday. She was thrilled.

Only downside I've found is that the two appetizers have had have only been ok....the calamari and the mussels. The salads on the other hand are delicious.

This restaurant is well worth a visit!

Date of visit: April 2013