“pricey yet good. Best at dinner time.”

Bootlegger Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place stays packed, so make reservations! I really enjoy alot of things off the menu. So definitly give this place a try.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

same great place...nice new upscale decor..artdeco...great lunch specials and large bar
w/plenty of tv's & keno...nice people

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We came in on Valentine's day and we did have reservations. The place looked great and after a short wait we were seated down stairs. The food was excellent. I had the salmon and it was cooked perfectly and not dry at all. The turnip bisque soup was very tasty and a nice start to the meal. With drinks and dinner it came to about 70 dollars for two of us. The only thing I wished that they did was continue the decor to the down stairs. It feels that they stopped short when it came to the down stairs seating.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

There are a lot of things on the menu. Perhaps too many as it tries to be all things to all people. The restaurant itself is a bit musty.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I decided to try Bootleggers again (didn't have the best of time back in January 2012) to give it a chance. Arrived about 5pm (no reservations) on a Friday evening in mid-September with a friend and we decided to sit out back in the new patio/bar area. It was not completely done, but from what we could see it was going to be very nice (once the bar itself was complete). When we first arrived it was quiet and there were only a few other patrons sitting in the back patio area.

Our waitress came over promptly and she was very nice! We ordered before dinner drinks (my friend and I had martini's). The drinks were delivered quickly and made perfectly. Our server also brought over some homemade chips (extra crispy) with a dip and both were great tasting!

Our waitress brought over bread and olive oil with spices which was very good!

I ordered a pasta dish with clams served over a linquini, it was very good, the cream sauce was very rich and the pasta was cooked perfecly. My friend had the salmon with rice dish and it was excellent.

During this time, we noticed the outdoor patio area filling up with patrons, it seems this is a hot spot for golfers to come and have a nice supper and drink and extend their day after the golf course. It was a nice crowd and I would have to agree, in that area it's the nicest restaurant to sit outside and meet with friends.

We didn't opt for dessert because we were just too full, but I would have to rate this experience as excellent, a huge improvement over my last visit.

I would recommend this place and if the weather is nice you may want to try the outdoor patio seating or the seats that sit up above the entrance (quaint tables that sit outside and are up above the entrance as you come in).

I will be coming back!