“Not what I would call a family restaurant”

Sean Patrick's Family Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate there last night with friends and it is not what I would call a family restaurant. In my limited opinion, Perkin's is a family restaurant and a family restaurant should reflect that type of meal pricing...Sean Patrick's does not. We did not see any "kids" meals on the menu but their small Sunday plates could be a "kids" meal at almost $12.00. Other than some sandwiches on the back page, expect to pay around $50.00 or more for dinner for 2 people with a glass of wine. To give credit where credit is due...the atmosphere was that of an upscale restaurant with nice furnishings and booths.

But...enough of that! What about the food? I ordered the fried Clam & Scallop 1/2 combo for $16.95 and it was very good. The 5-6 fried clams were fresh and flavorful and the 5 sea scallops were a nice size and also fresh tasting. They came on a bed of only average french fries. A small cup of coleslaw was on the side. My friend got the same and liked it. My wife got the Chicken Picatta and she said it was very good also. At $15.00 it seemed fairly priced but was not a large portion. She got the vegetable side and said that they were good. Her's came with a salad of greens and she chose the house dressing. It got a good review but you have to really like garlic. My friend's wife got the Balsamic Glazed Salmon and had nothing but good to say about it. She also got the vegetables and agreed that they were good.Though a small portion since it was a "seasonal specialty" it was priced fairly. We received a basket of warm roles to start and they were good.

Now back to the meal pricing. We could have easily spent $75.00 for 2 if we all got regular portioned meals and that seems a little high for a "family restaurant"

1  Thank RandR1948

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went to Sean Patricks with 6 others for a total of 8 people. The food was fresh, calamari was very good. My husband and I shared a small pizza with vegetables on it. It was rather greasy for not having any meat on it. It was still good and our friends enjoyed their meals too. Prices were great!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

It is gorgeous on the inside. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable. The food was good. The menu offers a good variety with prices from reasonable to more expensive. We stopped in during a motorcycle ride and felt underdressed but we were not treated poorly. We both had sandwiches and the total bill was $36 with sodas and tip. It seemed a bit high but the atmosphere was so nice. As a treat, it was nice. I would not return because of the price. I want to be more dressed up next time and have it be a more special occasion. I had a turkey panini with cranberry mayonnaise which was fantastic. My husband had the steak panini. Both were around $11. They included a side and we chose French fries. They were good fries but nothing spectacular. The kind you would get at a seafood stand. If you are feeling rich or want to get away from the area, go here. You forget where you are.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Met friends at a restaraunt across the street from what used to be Whalom Park. There are Condos there now. The food that we had was a bit disappointing,my wife had the baked haddock that had an off taste to it and the clams scallop dinner was heavy on the fries but light on the main entree A bit disappointed as this was a home comining for us

Reviewed March 4, 2012

If you are not sure where to go out to eat in Lunenburg area, this one will not disappoint you. My husband and I love this place. We always go for the tapas menu which is served Thursday-Saturday. The menu is very creative and they give you large enough portions. It's more of a casual place with a good food. They also serve nice drinks. It's a place were locals go... Their prices are also very reasonable.