“Declining”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Hu Ke Lau Resataurant used to be our favorite place to get chinese food in the Springfield area. It still is a decent place to eat but needs severe updating. The carpet at the resturant is the same carpet that they have had for years. It is worn and dirty in places. Management must be too frugal to replace it. However, they need to be forewarned. They are losing customers because of it. A couple of reviewers are much too critical of the place. The food is great -- particularly the pu pu platter. We especially have enjoyed the subgum dishes. I hope the management sees these reviews and begins to understand the severity of the situation. They need not be penny wise and pound foolish. Update the place. Make it inviting, fresh, and clean. Otherwise, customers will be staying away.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I love the restaurant in Chicopee so we were in the area and decided to stop for lunch. We ordered our food and received the food in less than 2 minutes. The food was unedible. It was reheated numerous times. The rice was hot in certain areas and cold in others but was also burnt. The ribs were sticking together. Our server asked if we wanted our food wrapped and I stated no because they food did not taste good. His response was OK and he handed me the bill. I will never return again. Do not waste you time with this place.

1  Thank 1fashionista
Reviewed June 4, 2010

HUGE portions that came too quick like there is a buffet in the kitchen. We couldn't understand the staff. Atmosphere was very old, dirty, not updated. Sorry, can't recommend.

1  Thank Debovalencia
Reviewed January 31, 2009

This Hu Ke Lau is airport-quality Chinese food for NYC prices.

Reviewed December 14, 2008

I went to the HU KE Lau resteraunt last night and I walked out. It's a well known resteraunt in this area with several locations. There are a lot of people I know who have had bad expiernces there and I had been there when I was a kid and I didn't have great memories about it.. But anyways we went there to try a new Chinese resteraunt, and it was horrible. The prices were outragous, the dinner combos were awful, they all consited of the same basic things mixed up, and none of the usual chinese fare was available there unless they had them listed under different names. I had to leave I couldn't even order what I wanted.I would skip it and go somewhere else, it's garbage. There's a lot of better chinese places in the area.

1  Thank sarajane4