“Very good food, nice atmosphere, refreshing place in Longmeadow”
Review of Ume Asian Bistro

Ume Asian Bistro
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Longmeadow
Cuisines: Asian
Hartford CT
“Very good food, nice atmosphere, refreshing place in Longmeadow”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had the lunch box special. They have a combination of Japanese and Chinese menu. Food was very good, as was the service. Food was fresh, well-prepared. I will definitely go back again and would like to try the dinner menu. Refreshing change from your typical average Chinese restaurants. Clean, well-done interior which makes for a nice atmosphere. Everyone there-service staff, and manager was friendly, welcoming and cordial.

• Visited April 2013

Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“LOVE IT!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Another Chinese restuarant?! Ok, Ok, I'll try it. What the heck. Hands down, the best. I've been there three times for lunch. Each time ordered a different lunch special. They were all great. So much better & fresher, better presented & atmosphere than the other three in Longmeadow. Haven't been there for dinner yet, but the atmosphere tempts me to have a drink in the upscale bar. This does not look like your typical oriental restaurant. It looks, well, very expensive but it is not.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank aredsoxfan4ever
New York City, New York
“Not fabulous food...”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I, too, seem to be in the minority of those who don't get the hype. Yes, it is visually fabulous and the comfy seating is great, but I go to restaurants for the food. I'm not impressed.

There are no outstanding items on the menu and it's all just a little bland. We ordered a variety of apps. and the pad thai and nothing exciting. I'm all about the dipping sauces and there were none to speak of. The pad thai was fresh in terms of ingredients, but it was bland. The prices are high also, and, frankly, I get much better asian cuisine from my local take out joint for less than half the price. And the service was an non-descript and bland as the food.

Needless to say, we won't be back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Zazu_11
Longmeadow, MA
“A fresh new mostly Japanese bistro”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The newest restaurant in town is this very stylish, mostly Japanese bistro, a sparkling contrast to the Friendly's previously in this location in the shops on Bliss Road. My son and I tried it for the first time on a Monday evening, and there was a respectable number of other diners there as well. My son -- who is something of a Japanese connoisseur -- thought the sushi was very good and also enjoyed the Dim Sum appetizer that he chose as his entree. I am far less knowledgeable concerning Japanese cuisine, and found the Yaki Soba with shrimp a very good if safe, basic choice. Service is fast and unobtrusive, abrupt but not unfriendly. Decor is very upbeat and fresh. I expect this will be a popular competitor to Iron Chef down the road apiece.

• Visited February 2013