“Fairly well kept, but...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Littleton
Boston Minuteman Campground
Billerica, Massachusetts
“Fairly well kept, but...”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed at Minuteman campground with my fiancee and her daughter. I have been RVing since I was a young child and have stayed at many campgrounds all over the east coast. Minuteman is fairly well kept, has fairly clean bathrooms and showers (which is key if you are using a tent or RV without a bathroom), and a small swimming pool. All said, it is your average campground as far as facilities are concerned. However, the staff is unfriendly, the sites will turn into mud pits if it rains, the policies they have in place are set up to nickel and dime you for absolutely everything (including expensive firewood that burns quicker than pine - plus, you are not allowed to bring your own, adding 20 dollars to the cost of our stay), and the man that owns and/or runs the place is an absolute creep who made my fiancee and daughter uncomfortable because he was lurking around visitors campsites at night and spying on them. In the end, while the facilities at Minuteman could be valued at average I would have to rate it lower.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank cyberxen
Minuteman1, Owner at Boston Minuteman Campground, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Cyberxen - We're sorry that you found our security patrol "creepy". Most of our campers appreciate the enforcement of quiet hours, which includes monitoring day visitors who don't check out at the designated time. Truth be told after a 15 hour day, we'd rather be home in bed. Happy camping.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My family and I spent several days at the Minuteman while visiting the Boston area. Not know what to expect, we were very pleased and impressed with both the facility and the staff. They were very helpful and went above and beyond the call to assist us during our stay. Would highly recommend the Minuteman for your next stay near Boston. Have also posted a blog about this on the Boston, MA website.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Artemis911
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My husband and I are (tent) camping veterans, and we can truly say that the Minuteman Campground was the cleanest and most professional campground in which we've ever stayed. The office staff was always friendly and helpful, and the grounds staff was efficient without being intrusive. The heated pool and the free showers were immaculate, and the campsite fire rings were made of large stones. It was also super convenient to the Blues & Brews Festival at the Nashoba Valley Ski Area. We would highly recommend supporting a family business (37 years and counting) by camping there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kc88_10
Whitesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Staff very rude. RV pad just dirt or mud when it rains. Severe ant problems. My family and I have traveled over 25,000 miles in our RV, and stay hundreds of RV parks. This is the worst RV park we have stayed. It should not be a good Sams park at all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Bradyf5
south east MA
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I stayed in this campground with my 8 year old son. I have mixed feeling about our stay. What I liked was how friendly the staff and all the patrons were, the pool, small arcade, the playground, b-ball court and the grounds were nice.
The showers were decent but a family changing room with a shower would be nice for a single mom like me with an 8 year old boy. We managed to sqeeze into the lady's room late at nigiht so that he would not be embarresed.

What I did not like was the cabin. The ac did not work, and it had an awful smell of unine to it. I complained about both but nothing was done. It actually seemed to me that someone did not want to walk to the restroom in the middle of the night and either peed right in the cabin or right outside of it. And of course this was the one week in August with the 90 degree heat so the smell was pungent and the ac not working was harsh.

I also thought that the cabin was pricey considering it was smelly and hot. I think that if I were to go back, I would simply stay in a tent. The grounds themselves were nice and my son had a great time.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank les0316
New Brunswick Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We wanted to see Boston and an internet check revealed this campsite. We wanted to stay put and be able to go from there since everyone says Boston is horrible for traffic.

We just got a GPS so punched in the address which was about 1 mile short on where the campground was. The road in kind of scared us a little as it was getting a little industrial but when we pulled in we were so impressed.

Beautiful pine trees and as we arrived on Tuesday we had some space around us. The weekend was different but that is camping.

The staff was always tidying up the grounds, filling potholes from the torrential downpour we had.

The pool was nice but since we are without kids now you have to swim or float through them.

The bathrooms are immaculate and piped in music with an air conditioner running at 72 degrees keeps it constant. Although since it did cool off they might want to open a window when it is like that.
They helped arrange a trip into Boston on the bus tour. We went with the full day trip. It was good and the driver was excellent as well but it is hard to cover so much information and sites in one trip but that was why we did it. Next time we will pick and choose the sites and do it ourselves since we now have a good feel for the downtown at least.

What really was a treat for us was we didn't know that Concord and Lexington were there. We are not Americans and although I know some of
the local history it didn't kick in. So we had a lovely day of being surprised by the history and then to learn that the early American writers congregated here and left a legacy is really cool. We went to Waldens Pond which we were familiar with but again didn't know it was here.

Anyway the campground is an excellent site to do your camping for your Boston and area touring.

We stayed in site 72 and I would use that spot again.

• Liked — Scenario Location
  • Disliked — Internet Dropping
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Beginner101
Piscataway
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I would say that this is a pretty good campground as far as private campgrounds go. Each site has a decent buffer from the other and so you are probably a good 20-30 yards from your neighbor. Each site has electric and water as well as a picnic table and a very nice fire ring constructed of stone.
Our site was on the outside ring so behind us was nothing but woods. the trees are abundant tall pine trees.

The grounds are very clean and employees go around daily picking up any trash. The bathrooms were fairly large and of average cleanliness. The showers were full at peek time at night but that is probably the norm all over. No one showered in the morning so that's when we did it. the showers were nice with plenty of hot water and privacy for changing. Overnight the campground was very quiet.

The staff were professional and they had numerous products available for purchase at the main office. Everything from bug spray, to waterproofing to eggs and bacon.

The pool looked clean, not terribly big but was also heated. also available was a small arcade and a ping pong table.

The only con i can think of is that there are small lights that are on all night that may annoy some campers looking for a pitch dark experience. The lights didn't particularly bother me and our car blocked the light from getting to our tent so it was pretty dark anyway!

I would definitely recommend this campsite.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank rman114
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Courtyard Boston Littleton
#1 of 1 in Littleton
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford

Been to Boston Minuteman Campground? Share your experiences!