“Owner just as bad as the restaurant...”
Review of Tre Amici Ristorante - CLOSED

Tre Amici Ristorante
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 119
Transit: Exit 31 off 495
Description: HOURS:MON-WED: Lunch and Dinner, 11:30AM - 9:00PMTHURS-SAT: Lunch and Dinner, 11:30AM - 10:00PMSUN: Brunch and Dinner, 9AM - 9:00PMFor a good time, beautiful dining and great cuisine.Newly opened in 2010, we feature the best in steaks, chops, seafood & authentic Italian dishes. Our gracious atmosphere is perfect for casual dining with friends and family and upscale and sophisticated for that special event or business affair. Our ever changing menu has an extensive variety of selections to please an array of appetites. We offer an impressive wine list and assorted gourmet desserts. Heart healthy and Gluten-free specialties as well.Tre Amici is located in an old-style farmhouse in Littleton Common reflecting the warmth and style ideal for an intimate dinner and yet comfortable for serving large parties and banquets. Full take-out menu, and catering services are offered for both on-site and off-site events.We look forward to serving you.
Acton
“Owner just as bad as the restaurant...”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After my previous review of this restaurant I got the following message on April 7th 2013 from bunboy1;

"Hello Baloo,
I am the owner of Tre Amici and do appreciate your business. I am sorry that your meal was not upto your satisfaction and would like to make it up to you.
I have alerted my manager - LJ to talk to you directly and let me pay for your next meal for your two friends and yourself."

I never heard from bunboy1 or his manager LJ. This is not about a free meal, it is about following up on a promise to a customer. This shows exactly why most of the reviews are poor for this restaurant. Customer service starts at the top. I would not go back if they paid me.

1 Thank Baloo P

Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor last minute decision...”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were out driving around trying to find a place to eat on a Saturday night. We wound up at this place at the last minute. Entered the restaurant and immediately found the decor out dated. The carpet on the floors throughout the restaurant smelled musty and food stained from years of past use.

Ordered a martini from their drink list only to find out they didn't have basic ingredients (like Midori) to finish the drink recipe. My husband ordered a Raspberry Stoli and tonic only to find out they didn't have any Raspberry Stoli. We joked and asked if they needed us to run to a liquor store for them. My husband ended up with a jack and ginger only to find out the Ginger Ale was flat.

My husband received his soup before we received drinks. The soup tasted like canned soup rather than homemade Italian. We both ordered the salmon special. The meals came out very quick, were dry and blah, making us wonder if the meals were pre-prepared sitting under heat lamps.

All in all we could not wait to get out of the restaurant. My husband is a very good tipper and was hard pressed to tip up to or over 15%.

Save your time and money, stay away!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

A Groupon led us to give this restaurant a try. While a few staffers were quite friendly and nice, our first interaction was with the person behind the reservation desk who ignored us for awhile as we stood there. Eventually a friendly hostess took us to our seats. The decor was nice, elegant even with white tablecloths and cloth napkins. There was no coat room that we noticed and none offered. Most people has their coats and jackets slung over the backs of their chairs. My $9 glass of chianti was good but seemed overpriced. The Caesar salad was the best tasting thing. My dates fettucine alredo was bland, and my seafood dish over linguine in a light red sauce was also bland. We did not even want to take home our leftovers. We concluded on the way home that they must have inferior cooks/recipes or use inferior ingredients.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant having read some of the recent reviews. Unfortunately we were all disappointed. It started with an unfriendly hostess and ended with a large bill not worth the experience. In between were overpriced just average tasting entrees.

Acton, Ma
“Pleasant enviroment....food terrible”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Bought a groupon and was so happy to have hope for a new place close to home.
The decor was nice and that is the nicewst thing I can say.
The wine was very overpriced, the drink I had was marginal... martini.
I asked if the eggplant was thin and was told yes.
It was large very think pieces of eggplant placed over ziti with cheese melted over it.
The red sauce was terrible and there was hardly any of it.
it was listed under traditional Italian meals... nothing traditional about it.
My husband had lamb chops and risotto.
The meat was fine but we couldn't even figure out what the rice was. Nothing even close to risotto and horrible tasting.
The Caesar salad was pre-made, tasted like it had been sitting in the frige and came out in 2 minutes.
I poured the oil on the table for the bread on it and was able to eat it but it was bad.
The prices are very high... $28 for lamb chops.
Sadly a very big let down.

• Visited March 2013