Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
  • Pool
$115
$154
$189
All reviewsbreakfast roomboston sports clubbagelshot breakfastvisiting bostonalewife stationhistorical sitesboston areafree breakfastminute drivefree parkingmargaritasinterstateconcordofferingscomputersminuteman
Reviewed June 27, 2006

The first room we got put in was a smoking room - it was disgusting. In addition to the suffocating smoke smell (I've stayed in smoking rooms before..this one has never seen fresh air), there was dried vomit all over the toilet. The front desk staff who checked us in told us they couldn't do anything about the cleanliness of the room until morning. The second room was better. Not great, but, what you'd expect for the price.,

The stairwells were filthy. The hot tob was freezing.

The only bright spots were the breakfasts (well done) and the weekday front desk person who moved us and our small children into a nicer room.

2  Thank YvetteCorning
Reviewed June 26, 2006

We stayed for one night while vacationing in Boston. Like the previous reviewer, the proximity to Alewife station was a real plus for us. We were disappointed by the size of Bedford and Lexington though. When 9pm hit, everything was closed, even Starbucks (for a weekend we were surprised). We drove to Burlington and found a few things to do, but still not what we had hoped for.

The hotel has exterior corridors, which I must have missed when I was reading about the hotel. The doors providing access to the upper levels has a card access door, however the door is always unlocked, so there went any sense of increased security. The room was fine, somewhat small, but not bad. The fridge was cold (which seems to be a rarity I've found while traveling) and the television options were good. The beds were comfortable and the shower very clean. Breakfast in the morning was good, the coffee needed some major help, but otherwise it tasted fine.

I agree with the previous reviewer about the LExington Diner, while its there, I don't know if I would eat there. We were disappointed by the hot tub however, as it was no where near hot. It was actually at 62 degrees, which was colder then air temperature. It was a pain whenever we arrived at the hotel to try and turn in, as you can't make a left into or out of the hotel, even though there isn't a median. While it is tempting, I've read that there are cops that sit in the Lexington Diner and write tickets if you do. We'd probably stay again, the hotel only cost 8000 Choice Hotel points, which, for what it was, wasn't terrible.

Reviewed June 19, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in june 2006. We were on a road trip visiting Boston. We booked this hotel through Expedia at a relatively low rate (approx. 100$ per night), so we weren't expecting anything exceptionnal. All we really needed was a safe, comfortable and quiet place, with easy access to downtown. This hotel satisfies all of the above.

The hotel is right off I-93. It's a 15-20 minute drive to Alewife parking (5$ a day now), where you can take the T to Downtown Crossing (1.25$ a token), which takes approx. 20 minutes. So expect a 45 minute commute from the hotel. If this is something you can live with, I highly recommend this formula. It sure beats driving into the city, with all its confusing, non-parallel streets. Not to mention the price downtown hotels charge for overnight parking (30-40$ a night), and is never included in their expensive rates...

I agree with some of the reviews saying that this hotel needs work. I believe it used to be much nicer than it is now, they just haven't put much money/effort into keeping it in good shape. The shower in our room had VERY low pressure. The air conditionning wasn't powerful enough to cool us down in the scorching 90 degree heat, plus it was really noisy. There used to be a Denny's on the premises, but it was changed to a shabby looking '' Lexington Cafe ".

On a brighter side, we had enough towels, everything was clean, the front desk staff was nice and profesionnal, and the breakfast was good. The area si VERY safe. There's a pool and a jacuzzi, and you even have free access to the gym next door.

I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2006

We stayed for 4 nights in mid June 2006.
The mini-fridge has never been defrosted, so it was impossible to use the freezer.
One t.v. remote was missing, they replaced with one that only half worked.
The shower had a broken handle that switched from show to tub.
All things that you can overcome easily, but made the place get low marks from us.
Pool is outside, for those that are thinking of swimming. Not exactly an option in early June in this part of the country unless your a polar bear.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 5, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights at the Quality Inn & Suites in Lexington, MA this april and we enjoyed our stay. Rooms are large and made up everyday. The only problem was that we requested and booked, in advance, a non-smoking room, and when we got there, there was a non-smoking sign under the room number plate, but as we entered it, the smell was horrible! It was like it was glued to everything in the room, including sheets and covers and pilows. There were even holes in the cover caused by cigarette burns. We bought a gleid air freshener and left a note that we wanted everything changed because of the smell. They did, but the smell, like I said, was all over. And the non-smoking plate was gone (?!?!). Some previous guest must have messed up with the room by not respecting the non-smoking sign, maybe. Everything else was nice. Really nice breakfast, lots of options, makes up for the limited space we have to eat, but wait a couple of minutes and you'll find a table. Internet connection available, people at the front desk are really nice and friendly. I recommed the hotel, but if you have issues with cigarette smelling, stains or allergy to it, assure you'll get a cigarette-really-free room!

Stayed: April 2006