“This hotel is showing the strains of monthly room rentals”

Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Although the staff are still upbeat and friendly, the dynamics of he recent economic downturn have battered this hotel. Doors and furniture are broken, paint in rooms is flaking. constant overuse and a lack of maintenance are straining what was once a decent place to stay. At close to $100 a night it seems you should be able to do better.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank gothamgrrl

Reviewed August 22, 2009

I see it's been a year since the previous review to this one, but I ran shuddering from this hotel this past week. I checked in late for one night, to break up the drive from Maine to NYC. I was exhausted and couldn't wait to go to sleep. After a shower, I went to go to bed and saw motion in the corner of my eye. Using my makeup brush as a probe, I pushed the corner of the boxspring, which was smeared with dozens of black streaks. Sure enough, I saw a fat bedbug surface and then burrow down. That's all I needed!! I packed my bags and went down the road to W Hotels' Aloft hotel. Even though I was shuddering from that experience for days, the Aloft was a little miracle and a CLEAN good night's sleep.
I am still hoping that I left anything in that room behind me!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank norodo
jlongatjamsan, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2009

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered while here at the Quality Inn & Suites. While this is an extremely rare situation for us, we take each and every situation that arises very seriously and have taken every step required to eliminate this issue. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at any time, and we would love for you to give us another try.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stayed at the Quality Inn Lexington recently for a trip to Boston. We read some reviews before deciding to choose this hotel. Don't believe the bad reviews for this hotel !! The room was clean, the beds and the bathroom was clean too. It's not a great hotel, but if you don't want to pay 200-300-400$ to stay a Boston and that's not a problem for you to travel 30 min from Boston, it's a good spot. Nothing negative to say about this hotel, don't be afraid !!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2009

The motel check inn was fine. The only minor problem was a cot was requested on theire web site but there was no record of it in the reservation. They actually put one in the room by the time we got to the room. the motel looks old from the outside but the rooms were fine. The cot did make things a little tight so do not expect a lot of room when you have one. the cot was not that comfortable. the beds were fine. the tv was fine with a lot of stations to pick from. the bathroom was adequate. the breakfast was nice. The waffle maker was a plus. The location was great. It was a ten minute ride to the T. Getting into the parking lot was no big deal when you make the u turn down the road a little. Of quality inn I stayed in this was a pretty good one. Just becasue the motel looks old does not mean it is not good.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Glennswo
Reviewed May 7, 2009

During my four month (Jan to May 2209) stay I was happy with the price and location. The staff was very plesant and efficient. Every night I returned to a comfortable King Size Bed with the room very nicely cleaned and made up.

The Waffles were great for breakfast!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for five days while we were visiting the Boston area. It's an older hotel but it's very clean. You can also pick up the "T" (subway) in Alewife, which is about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelloverVA
Reviewed September 28, 2008

We had a trip planned for months in advance, had room booked at another hotel. Travel dates changed, and we found this hotel shortly before arriving. The Lexington location was good for our purposes, Easy access to main roads, and close to Lexington Square. The comments about having to pass the hotel because you cannot make a left turn at the hotel are correct, but taking a "jug handle" that gives you a U-turn was not a big problem.

The room was okay, a spot in carpet was torn out. A/C worked fine and the wireless internet worked well. Room was clean. The business center had a printer that was out of toner, so we could not print any of our future travel confirmations.

Security issues: Our room was on second floor with doors facing the outside. The stairwells upstairs were located inside "security doors" that appears to require a key, but the locking mechanism was ripped out. Anyone off the street could open the door and have access to the second floor.

Our room was missing the security latch inside the door for use when inside the room. I reported this upon arrival, the next morning, and third morning and finally on the third day the security latch was attached.

The breakfast was okay, but not enough tables to sit a crowd. The hotel was totally booked for the first 3 days, so we took breakfast back to our room.

The staff were helpful with directions and providing directions for using public subways to requested locations.

I would probably stay here again, but would inspect my room for problems before comitting.

Since Boston area was pretty much booked for our stay, we really didn't feel we had any other choice unless we wanted to pay double or three times the room rate at this place.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TexanBornTravelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Aloft Lexington
Concord's Colonial Inn
Concord's Colonial Inn
#3 of 3 in Concord
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!