“Good Enough For A Short Stay”

Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
St. Pete, FL
“Good Enough For A Short Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights while visiting family in the area. It is conveniently located just west of I-95 (Rt. 128). However, if you are coming from the interstate, you cannot make a left turn into the property. You need to go to the next intersection, make a U-turn, and then come back.

First the good things:
Although small, the room was clean and the king size bed was comfortable. Furnishings were in good condition and there was adequate drawer space. There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room as well as a coffee maker. The shower pressure was good and the hot water came on quickly. Breakfast was included, and consisted of premade eggs, potatoes, sausages, do-it-yourself waffles, rolls and muffins, cereals, and juices. Nothing fancy, but certainly adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout.

Now the not-so-good:
The common areas were badly in need of maintenance, at least in the building we stayed in. The carpeting was worn and frayed. The paint on the walls and railings was chipped. The in-room wi-fi was very, VERY slow. I was told that this was the norm during peak periods. The water pressure in the sink was quite low. The TV was an old square screen model (although the channel selection was good).

All in all, not too bad for a short stay, and it was a bargain compared to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: It is a two story property, and there is no elevator. If you have trouble with stairs and luggage...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I also apologize that you did not find our common areas up to your expectations.

I am inspecting the carpeting and paint in all the public areas to make sure they are acceptable to our guests like yourself every time.

Vik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Albany, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

October 11, 2013
I am a choice rewards card holder and frequently use the chain for business and personal use. I am used to the no frills approach to travel. I’ve encountered more lumpy beds, worn-out carpets, and luke warm showers than I care to remember. However, despite than many English as a second language management teams in the cadre of the economy class of the “choice” system; I never felt as unimportant as I did during my October 2013 stay at the Lexington, MA Quality Inn. I felt as welcome as an uninvited guest at Christmas.

I can forgive the warn carpet, the smell, an inoperable tv, a noisy room, and lack of convenient parking; hell, I barely even notice these things anymore I travel so much – you get what you pay for. What is unique about the Lexington, MA Quality Inn is done while simultaneously making you feel insignificant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NeverAgain10112013
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. However, it does not explain in detail as to what the specific areas were where we failed to satisfy you.
I will appreciate a call from you at 7818610850 to let us know where we under performed so that we can work on those areas to come up to your expectations in future.

Vik

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Room and hallways have an unpleasant odor, carpeting is bunched up in many places and has many spots, bedding was really low-end, too much sound comes through walls, bathtub doesn't drain fast enough - even for the lightest of showers, and power outlets were all in difficult to get-to places.

Room did have a microwave and a fairly good sized refrigerator, but since this was just an overnight trip didn't make any use of those.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize that we did not come up to your expectations during your visit. We get our room and public area carpet cleaned by a professional company and that is why I am surprised by your observations.

Please call Vik at 7818610850 to discuss the issues in detail.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Slowest internet connectivity of any Choice hotel I stayed at during 3 week East Coast road trip. Connectivity issue with other guests, too, when checking out. The system was so slow it would time out during simple searches. I finally sped up when most customers in bed. Had to go out into car to find local hot spot to get any work done. Otherwise nice hotel - nice rooms & breakfast.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for staying with us and your review. I apologize that you did not find out wi-fi up to your standards. Our internet provider has been contacted and has been asked to immediately address the problem.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to having you with us again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This property is a bit strange. It is located on an extremely busy road that made getting into and out of a hassle. In fact, after checking in we decided not to drive somewhere for dinner because of all the traffic. Fortunately, there is a Mexican restaurant in a separate building that apparently is part of this property. It turned out to be an excellent place to eat. The rooms are located in three different buildings that are kind of spread out. Most parking is directly in front of your room but our building did not permit parking in front of the rooms. We were lucky to find a spot near the hotel office and simply left the car there overnight. This was another reason why we chose not to drive somewhere for dinner. We didn’t want to lose our good parking spot. Outdoor access to rooms and no elevator for the second floor rooms. Our king room was clean but rather small with the sink located outside the bathroom. The room was nicely decorated and contained a small lounge chair by the bed. The breakfast area was actually very large with numerous tables and plenty of seating. There was a well supplied food area containing all the normal breakfast items. Overall it was a good place to spend the night but we most likely would not stay again if in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for your review. From your comment, I can think that you must have stayed in building 1. Although there is not enough parking in front of it, there is plenty of parking behind it and it is equally convenient to access your room from there. Our rooms are quite spacious compared to some other hotels around us. In addition, I would like to suggest you to try our suites if you happen to choose us upon your next visit as they have a bedroom, living room and a kitchenette.
I thank you for staying with us.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I needed a place to rest after an 8 hr drive and chose Quality Inn & Suites Lexington since it was one of the most affordable options in the area. Its close proximity to the Interstate was a definite bonus. Check-in and check-out times were quite convenient too.

The property looked aged, however not run down.

The 2nd floor room had very high (at least 12 ft) ceilings, which made the room feel even larger than it actually was. Another thing worth mentioning is the carpet: it looked and felt clean. The beds were very comfortable.

Breakfast was served in a clean, sun-filled area. Although breakfast would end at 10 am, staff refilled trays even past 9:30 am. Scrambled and boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, 4 kinds of juice, make-your-own waffles... I can't think of anything that was missing.

I would rate this property "Excellent" if it weren't for the following three things:

- Tobacco smell in a non-smoking room
- Insufficient water pressure in the sink (water pressure in the shower was all right)
- That toilet seat should have been replaced 5 years ago

The quality of service was definitely above average.

I would look something a little more fancy if I wanted to impress anyone but I only needed place to rest after a long drive and this Quality Inn was fit for purpose.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your stay and sharing your experience with the world. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and accommodations. We want to assure you that we will work on the things mentioned by you and make your future stays even more pleasurable.

Bloomfield, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Week end visit. Very clean and comfortable rooms, close to many attractions and easy
to find! I don't know what more anyone could want. Breakfast in the morning was varied and
hot. Dining area was clean and well attended by the staff. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for your review. It always feels great to provide excellent service to our guests.

We thank you for your stay and look forward to serve you again in near future.

Vik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Aloft Lexington
The Inn at Hastings Park
The Inn at Hastings Park
#1 of 4 in Lexington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!