“Vacation to Boston”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
Bronx, New York
“Vacation to Boston”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My partner and my 2 girls (ages 12) stayed here for a week, during the first week of July. We primarily went to Boston to enjoy the food and the fireworks on the Harbor on the 4th. First, i must say that upon check in, the counter clerk was very nice, checked us in quickly and was very helpful in giving us directions on where to eat. He also provided us with the many choices for order in, which was a god sent since the trip from NY to Boston was about 5 hours. He then gave us a tour of where the breakfast was going to be served and the pool. I do not remember if we ever asked for anything that wasnt addressed right away. I did not like the towels, a bit rough and too small, since im a slightly big girl :), the room had a fridge and Microwave, which was great. The pool area was clean for an outdoor pool. The housekeepers did not speak English, but we rarely had to ask them for anything. Our overall experience was fantastic, they have a Mexican restaurant accross the street, but we never had the opportunity to eat there. Oh and another thing, if you are touring and returning late, parking may be a bit difficult, since i think the restaurant goers park in the lot too. Our room was on the main floor so it was quiet. Over all it was a good stay. Breakfast was great the whole week we were there. The kitchen person kept replenishing anything that was needed. Great selection of food.

Room Tip: the main floor rooms seem to be more comfortable, and you really cant hear the street noise if you r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly work on the areas mentioned by you and we look forward to receive you again soon.
Regards,
Vik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites with our 2 granddaughters. They loved the sofabed, their own TV and lot of room to move about. Our bedroom was roomy, nicely appointed and comfortable. Having a kitchen with a small refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher was a definite plus. I actually made dinner one night. Shopping was 5 minutes in either direction on Bedford.
Breakfast was nothing spectacular, but did include freshly scrambled or fried eggs each morning as well as some sort of potato. I had either cereal or eggs. The girls loved making the waffles.
Unfortunately, we did not have swimming weather, so I can't comment on the pool.
The staff was wonderful and attended to all our needs. I would recommend this motel for anyone who wants to stay in the Boston area without paying Boston prices.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly, not the 800 general number
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the suite and your family enjoyed the waffles during breakfast. Please let us know when you are in the area next so that we can make reservations for you again.

Maine
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here while my father was at MGH having surgery. I thought the guy at the front desk was a little shady, when he said he needed to photocopy my credit card even though I prepaid. This was the only place I used my credit card and some jerk charged 800$ from Urban Outfitters on it. Don't stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
We have never taken a photo copy of a guest credit card ever in this hotel. Please call Vik at 7818610850 for further description of the employee who asked you to make a copy of your card. This is not acceptable by any means. This has never happened in our hotel before and therefore I am surprised by your experience. I will be looking forward to your call to investigate this further.

Vik

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The first time I stayed here one night with my daughter, and everything was fine. The first floor room was large enough and clean and not shabby. The breakfast was above average for a Choice hotel, and my only comment was there was no fresh fruit. It had a microwave and refrigerator which I had requested. It is exterior corridor, which I do not prefer due to less privacy, but I knew that in advance. I would have given this hotel a 4. We thoroughly enjoyed the Mexican restaurant immediately adjacent: yummy fresh food and margaritas. It is wonderfully adjacent to the highway. The staff was fine.

My second stay was with my husband and 2 adult daughters for two nights, to tour and to move my daughter to a new apartment. We had two neighboring rooms on the second floor this time. The ceilings are slightly vaulted which gives the rooms a more spacious feel. We had micros and fridges again, which is nice. The air conditioner was noisy but functional. The Mexican restaurant again was wonderful and convenient.

There were several minor issues with the room and the stay. First, the tub drain in our room was sluggish, collecting about 3 inches of water during a shower, which annoyed my husband. Second, three smallish bath towels for two adults is really not sufficient: four would have been nicer. Next, the maid staff began making up our rooms at 9 AM while we were still at breakfast. In both rooms we had to ask them to leave so we could get ready to tour for the day. Really...please do the rooms after breakfast is done at 10. The maid staff did not speak English and it was difficult to communicate our desire for them to return later. The second day we made a point to put the do not disturb signs out to prevent this. Finally, the breakfast the first day was great! Lots of choices of eggs, suasages, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, on and on. The second morning there was comparably little variety and many items ran out (eggs, potatoes, English muffins), and again the communication with the staff was difficult.

We had a cargo trailer this time, and the staff was very accommodating to let us chain it to a light post.

So overall, stay one was a 4 and stay 2 was a two, for an average of 3. We are looking for other accommodations for our next trip to Boston.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We plan to make the experience great for all our guests and therefore want all our guests to tell us how we can improve our services. Please give a call to Vik at 7818610850 to share your experience further and to tell us what we can improve on to make your next trip memorable.

Middletown, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 1, 2013

....was on my up north and needed a place to stop for the night. Glad I found Quality Inn as it was affordable, clean, comfortable and Has a great location. to top everything...breakfast was included. great service..I recommend this hotel if you want a good night's sleep at an affordable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and giving us an opportunity to serve you.
Regards,
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My sister, daughter and I stayed at this hotel while visiting Boston. The rooms were very clean and for three women very roomy. We hopped on a bus right outside of the hotel and had a wonderful day in Boston. We had the pleasure of meeting the General Mgr who was very helpful with all our questions about Boston. This is a great location to visit Boston and would recommend this to anyone wanting to be out of the hustle of Boston, but close enough to visit. The breakfast was delightful. And the staff was very friendly.
You can always tell a good hotel by the happy customers. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BetsyD24
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Ms. Damon,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. The staff that came in touch with you also felt great to meet you. I am so glad that you chose us and therefore, we had an opportunity to meet and talk. Thank you so much and please let me know when you plan to visit Boston again.

Vik,
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Rooms had enough space for my me, my wife and a crib for my 2 yr daughter. Comfortable bed, although I would recommend the management on changing the small pillows to larger sized ones. Quiet at dark and early morning.
I was really surprised at the choices offered at breakfast! It was perfect for anyone with normal or eccentric taste buds, lots of options on carbs and proteins!

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is certainly good to know that you enjoyed the stay with us and enjoyed the breakfast. The pillows in the rooms are choice approved and we will certainly look at some other options that they have to offer.
Thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Aloft Lexington
Best Western at Historic Concord
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!