“bit pricey but delicious”
Review of Via Lago

Via Lago
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2008

This is a great lunch cafe, as you can see from the ordering line. While the service is definitely informal, the food is great. They have hot and cold sandwiches, pastas, soups, and a wonderful variety of salads. You will easily spend $10 -15 for lunch so its not for everyday (at least on our budget) but it is a nice splurge.

Reviewed January 19, 2008

I work nearby and stop in regularly for lunch.
Try their Prosciutto, Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil sub, any salad, any soup, and their burgers & fries. It definitely above average cafe food.
The ordering process is a bit confusing at first. Just order, pay and sit and wait. Your preparer will also deliver your order to your table. How they remember who everyone is...I don't know, but they do!

Love their homemade pastas (uncooked) to take home. Have never been for dinner, so I can't comment on it.

2  Thank whygo
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 18, 2007

Great place. Service is good. They've recently upgraded the inside, moved it from diner to comfortable restaurant...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 29, 2006

This is the best restaurant in Lexington. A great place for dinner. Far better than many hyped, overpriced restaurants.

The food is always well prepared and the menu changes every few weeks. Service is informal but generally pretty good. The atmosphere is informal and relaxing. Be sure to bring your own wine. Good salads, and interesting choice of pastas and specialty sandwiches. Their entries are always creative choices, well-prepared, and very reasonably priced. The worse thing I can say is that they sometimes run out of some menu items.

This place sets the standard for a real neighborhood bistro. It is also very kid tolerant.

3  Thank thereyougo
A TripAdvisor Member
lexington,mass
Reviewed January 24, 2006

Never have I been to a place where the service is terrible like via lago. I always feel like I've offended them because of the rude stares and glares I get from them. Only one of them smiles to me and I usually sense it's out of pity because her co-workers aren't nice at all. I work next door to them so I've been 'forced' to eat there since I don't want to walk far for food. The people who serve behind the counter are very rude to me and while I ignored this for a long time, I drew the line when I ordered for a burger and they gave me the bun and burger without any lettuce,tomato or anything else. I only noticed this when I got to my work to "enjoy" the said burger. When i called them they were nice enough to bring the missing ingredients of the burger and their explanation was I didn't tell them what I wanted on the burger.I don't know about you but I'm never eating there EVER again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member