“Great new addition to Lexington - Finally a place to have breakfast”

Artistry on the Green
Reserve with OpenTable
Artistry on the Green is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At our restaurant, Artistry on the Green, we are passionate about food. Our approach is simple - use fresh, seasonal ingredients and innovative cooking techniques to create delicious meals. Our menu showcases New England favorites with an inspired twist. We have developed close relationships with local farmers, and feature the bounty of New England at our tables every day. We believe that food can be used to celebrate, to comfort, and to nurture. Join us for all occasions - a romantic, long lingering meal, a boisterous gathering of family and friends, and everything in between.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

First off, finally a place to have breakfast in Lexington. I live in town and this is something that was desperately needed. The food is top notch with efforts made towards local and made in house, with just the right amount of sophistication and flavor, while still keeping it down to earth. The service is excellent, with the right amount of friendliness that makes you feel like they are your neighbor, or your neighbors recent college graduate kid. The atmosphere is what you would anticipate from a classic New England Inn, with an open floor and varying size tables. This is a great place for a business breakfast or lunch meeting, and a nice dinner. It can be a bit noisy when full, and they admitted they are working on that, but you can still talk across the table. I have had breakfast, lunch , and dinner, and would recommend them all. Breakfast is an exceptional bargain.

There are newer reviews for Artistry on the Green

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I'm still not sure if I like the seating arrangements, where it is a diningroom with tables. No booths, no walls, no partitions, but tables on a floor. The noise wasn't a problem, and there was room enough for you to feel like you aren't on top of anyone, so I guess it works.

We went for lunch, and the lunch menu was pretty limited, and nothing on it that was unique or original, but still very good. I had the lobster cobb salad, and it was very good, although I would call it a cobb salad that happens to have some lobster in it. The simple, cold, plain lobster was on the plate with bacon bits (fresh and yummy), avacado, egg, and blue cheese. All very good, and at a price of $18. My dining companion had clam chowder and a beet with arugula salad, which he liked very much. The chowder was uncommon in that it was thin with a nice taste of wine, and mushrooms, not the classic heavy soup with potatos. He enjoyed his food as much as I enjoyed mine, although we could have had more, but I won't complain about the serving sizes, they were fine. The staff was pleasant and energetic, and the decor was simple and a cross between early American and contemporary, they made it work.

My last star didn't get applied because there was no "wow" moment, or anything on the menu that was original, although all the dishes had their own flavor, it just wasn't at a five star level.

Stephen H, Manager at Artistry on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant! We truly appreciate the menu feedback and are pleased to know you enjoyed our distinct chowder and salads. When our designer had chosen the layout of the restaurant, it was decided to use tables and chairs so as to reflect the time period in which the Inn was built. However, your suggestions are always well received. If there is something you were anticipating or a way you felt we could be better, please let us know. Our staff is always committed to providing the best service possible and we try as much as we can to build on your dining experience here at the Inn. Please feel free to contact me with the email below, I would love to continue this conversation further. shoraj@innathastingspark.com

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have been waiting to go here after reading about the inn and restaurant while it was in development and finally went today for lunch to celebrate my mother's birthday. The dining room, while elegant, is very inviting and comfortable with lots of natural light coming in. The menu choices were varied and not too many, with fresh ingredients which are locally sourced. I had the lobster cobb salad which had ample lobster and a very fresh tasting dressing. My mother and husband had the burger, which they both loved and said the beef was really favorful. And surprisingly, they brought out a birthday card, a candle and three chocolate truffles for the birthday girl -- even though we did not order dessert. I have to mention the friendly and accommodating staff and the accomplished chef who has created very delicious and unique menu items. I am so glad to having such a destination restaurant in my own town.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

What a great surprise. We stayed at the attached Inn at Hastings Park. Breakfast was included, but boy did it exceed our expectations!
Great service, good choice of organic foods and excellent quality.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had heard good things about the restaurant so we tried it and were not disappointed. The chef takes great pride in all his homemade dishes and they were all great and very nicely presented (wish I had taken pictures). From the Charcuterie (rabbit, duck and pork), clam chowder, scallops, duck, striped bass, and chocolate heavenly dessert, everything was prepared perfectly. The menu does change based on what is in season. The portions weren't huge but were very satisfying. Would highly recommend this restaurant if you want a good meal. Staff was very friendly and attentive and we were not rushed during our meal and our water glasses were always being refilled.