“I love their cocktails and the bar area”
Review of Vine Brook Tavern

Vine Brook Tavern
Ranked #51 of 66 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of historic downtown Lexington, Vine Brook Tavern offers contemporary American fare with European influences housed in a warm setting that narrates its roots within the community. Led by owner Marcus Palmer and Executive Chef Chris Frothingham, both alumni of the Todd English Group, the pair combine their years of hospitality expertise and skill for executing comforting cuisine into a unique interpretation of casual yet elegant dining.
Lexington, Massachusetts
“I love their cocktails and the bar area”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I have stopped at Vine Brook for a drink several times. I always enjoy the experience. The margaritas are great as are the other drinks that we have ordered. We also like the sweet potato fries. Definitely a nice place to stop for a drink and chat.

Deerfield, Illinois
“Great food--a bit pricey”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this restaurant but it is a bit over priced. Great service and the food was delicious. The homemade New England brown bread melted in our mouths. I had the lobster tacos with a delicious corn side. My husband had the burger with 4 different meats and an egg on top. The homemade french fries were the best we've ever had. The calamari appetizer was very good too.

Boston, Mass
“Uneven - some menu items miss the mark”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Filet was overdone. The scallop "BLT" (a not a sandwich) was innovative but thick bacon was too tough to cut or chew. Wines by the glass are moderately priced, food is not. Best menu items that we ate (and saw/asked other diners about) lobster hush puppies, mac and cheese. The appetizers are generous portion, so appropriately priced. Main menu overpriced for the quality. Chose your seating carefully according to your dress- fine ac in the upstairs center, hotter in the side section (good if you are wearing a summer sundress, etc).
The food could be good with a bit more attention paid to the cooking results.

South Yarmouth, United States
“Terrible overpriced lunch experience.”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for lunch after a tour on a warm afternoon. We knew nothing about the restaurant but it was there and we were tired and hungry.
We were greeted by the hostess who wanted to seat us in one of those booth type seats that you share with other people. We said no so she grudgingly gave us a table.
We both ordered the burger. It tasted like mustard and thyme and was way too thick. It was delivered to us by a girl who seemed think she was doing us a favor giving us our food. She acted disgusted that she had to carry it out to us.
The bill for two burgers, two ice teas
and one chowder? $44.00. We will not be coming back to this snobby overpriced place.

1 Thank Patricia D
Boston, Massachusetts
“Overpriced trendy place”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I needed to wait a few days to calm down before writing. This tavern/restaurant has a nice atmosphere with a long list of interesting sounding beers on a chalkboard. The menu was limited but there was variety in the selections available. Sadly, that's it for the positive. Overall, the place was not a good value for my hard earned restaurant budget. Our calamari frites were good, my omelet was dry, my friend's pulled pork was okay but not outstanding. Besides being generally overpriced, the irritation of the afternoon was being charged $11 EACH for a couple of glasses of wine that were listed as $6 on the menu. I remember the price from when I ordered. It was a special occasion and I didn't want to make an issue at the time. But, this is not a place that will see my return business.