“I want to like it”

Ranked #50 of 67 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of historic downtown Lexington, Vine Brook Tavern offers contemporary American fare with European influences housed in a warm setting that narrates its roots within the community. Led by owner Marcus Palmer and Executive Chef Chris Frothingham, both alumni of the Todd English Group, the pair combine their years of hospitality expertise and skill for executing comforting cuisine into a unique interpretation of casual yet elegant dining.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I want to like this restaurant. Been here twice but they can't give me a reason to come back. First of all, the server was very good but we watched him wait on eight different tables. That is too many tables for one server especially at this price point. If you are charging Boston prices you should provide Boston service. Although the flavor was good, one entree was cold , the other was incomplete. It took forever to reheat the cold entree.There were only two of us so we couldn't enjoy dinner at the same time. The manager ended up bringing my reheated meal. We told him our experience with cold food and an incomplete meal. He did not seem surprised. He offered us a free dessert, and we tried to tell him we don't eat dessert because of dietary restrictions. He said sorry and walked away. Like I said, we wanted to like this place but ....

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The bar is great although the drinks are expensive. The food was good but did not justify the price.The portons were not large. Perhaps it is too new but the service did not justify the high food costs.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Vine Brook Tavern is a new entry into Lexington center. Great bar with lots of local beer choices and some creative cocktails. The food is a bit inconsistent. Some items are outstanding; the pork shank appetizer, burgers, crunchy french toast, fish cassoulet. Other items are not so successful; meat loaf, veal pot roast. Service is casual and friendly and the dining room has a nice warmth. Street parking can be a bit challenging at times however.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here last evening and were stunned at the poor service. When I complained to the manager he said we train our servers to turn in the entree order after the salad, etc, etc.. He further said our order would be next out. It was not, not even close. So I went to the other manager and he went to the kitchen and got our orders out. When we received our orders, (mine was salmon) it was cold, particularly the vegetables and potatoes. Having complained to both managers, it was obvious I was not the only one complaining. The other staff was apologetic but powerless to do anything. The original manager came to our table at the end of our meal ( I didn't eat my cold food). He offered free dessert, I indicated we did not want dessert and I said he should make an adjustment to our bill due to poor service and cold food. He said no.

1  Thank DRR72
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Kitchen slow and food is cold
Cute place but poor value
Bartenders are great
Overall - not worth the premium price fir a one hour wait for food!!