“First time there!”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Miami Beach, Florida
“First time there!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

First time going to and Irish Bar did not know what to expect. The service was great. Love the live music. Will be back!

Visited March 2014

“Called an Irish Pub”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Waxy O'Connors in Lexington is a cute Irish pub with a great menu. The drinks and food is not cheap but good. The decor is wonderful as an Irish pub should be but it is actually a sports bar. TVs blasting all over the place. It was too loud to hold conversations at our table. I rated it very good because the service was great, the food good with adequate portions but not for me. If I wanted a sports bar, I would have gone to a sports bar. WAY WAY too loud for me! No more I'm out,

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Drakesisland
South Carolina
“Nice Irish Pub”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Very nice Irish Pub just outside the gate of Hanscom AFB near Boston. I was staying at Hanscom AFB for a week in Dec 2013 and went to this restaurant twice during my stay. The food was quite good a came out rather quickly. Good selection of beer as well. It was so crowded and noisy on Thursday night that I thought it was a company party. Most were just drinking around the bar. Waitress said it was just the usual crowd for a Thursday night. Didn't seem to slow the service we received. I will return to this restaurant when I am in the area.

• Visited December 2013
Boston, MA
“3.5 out of 5”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a decent meal here on a fairly busy Saturday night. No reservations, but we were seated in less than 10 minutes. Our drink order was taken and delivered reasonably quickly. Our food order took much longer to get to the table, both starters and entrees. What we had was above average - fish and chips, black and blue burger, bangers and mash, waxy's burger. We had onion rings, wings, and Irish nachos to begin. A two-man combo was playing right next to us and, while they were enjoyable to listen to, their proximity made any normal conversation impossible. Drink refills came without being asked for, and the server was quite friendly. I would probably return.

Visited December 2013
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Not awful, not great”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went as part of a group from work, about 20 people. We had reservations and the tables were ready, albeit a bit crowded for a dining room mostly empty. The wait staff greeted us and took food orders. A little gruff. Food was OK. Most of us had soft drinks or tea as this was a work crowd. We got one refill without having to ask. Salad was good (Caesar) and the sandwich was OK. I had chicken-bacon-chaddar. Couldn't taste the cheeese as the onion overpowered everything.

The interior is very nice. The sound is a bit noisy, but it is a pub. Price is a hair on the high side. ($16 for my share, we split the bill for our table. I didn't see anyone eating filet mignon.)

• Visited September 2013