“Average, might go back.”
Review of Waxy O'Connors

Waxy O'Connors
Reserve with OpenTable
Waxy O'Connors is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had a desire to try some "real" Irish food, so the wife and I visited one Saturday night in December. Driving in the parking lot, noticed there were not many cars there for a pub. Were seated quickly and started looking at the menu. The Wife ordered the Shepard's Pie and I ordered the Battered Bangers. Food arrived in a reasonable time frame and was fresh and hot. Maybe it was me and I was expecting more from "authentic" Irish food, but I was somewhat disappointed with my meal. What really made this an average rating to me was the experience of tasting the Bangers that night and the next morning!!! The Battered Bangers was greasey as were the fries that were included. Now on the other hand, my wife loved the Shepard's Pie. She could not finish the meal, and took home the leftovers. The next day I tried some of the Pie and it was very good. If we go back there, it will be for the brews, not the food.

1  Thank ROGER B

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The atmosphere is good, the bar good but the food not so much , tasteless over salted, over buttered. Staff friendly but rushed

1  Thank goob007
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Went to Waxy's for the first time. Wife's been there a few times before with coworkers. Went with the inlaws and one child. Granted it was a Friday before a major holiday but it was very crowded during lunchtime. Was there a total of 1 1/2 hours which is way too long for lunch especially if you had to get back to work. Even the waitress said it was abnormally busy because of some business in the area losing power. My wife she said she's never seen it that busy. Anyway, we were seated after a short wait at a table by the window. Unfortunately, it took a while to place our orders because it was so busy. We also only were brought 2 adult menus and no kids menu. It seemed as if the waitress was rushed to take our orders and she just recited a few things from the kids menu until my daughter heard something she liked. It was a while before we saw any of our food. Eventually, it came to everyone relief. Burgers were good but a bit on the charred side for being ordered medium well. Salads were crisp but looked drowned in dressing. Waitress forgot to bring a chowder that came with an average fish sandwich. Drinks were never refilled nor were we ever asked if we wanted a refill or another round. Rest assured, the bill came quickly at the end. It is understandable to wait a reasonable amount of time for a good meal but this wait was way to long for the quality we were served. What this place needed is more staff. The waitstaff were too busy and were moving as fast as they could. I might try this place again but would choose the timing more carefully.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We recently moved to the area and have been looking for a "Bar" to call home. We have enjoyed Waxy's but we had not had a meal here until this weekend. Service - our waitress provided excellent service despite covering a large number of tables. Food was quite good from Shepards Pie to Pizza dishes. The place was packed and it had a good vibe - lots of people and lots of TV sports. Price was reasonable, seating was quick and we all had a good time.

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Over all this place is great! Great food. I had the stuffed chicken and it was AMAZING! Food came out really fast. Only down side is it is a bit loud. I would definitely recomend it!