“Excellent overview of history”
Review of Liberty Ride

and up
Go Boston Card
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Liberty Ride: A guided trolley tour of historic Lexington & Concord. Visit the birthplaces of American liberty and 19th century literature! Board a classic trolley for a ride along the scenic Battle Road while your costumed guide recounts the exciting events of April 19, 1775 and the literary legacy that defined American identity and culture. Weekends April and May and daily Memorial Day through October 29, 2017. 90-minute tours leave from the Lexington Visitors Center [1875 Massachusetts Ave] at 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1 pm and 2:30 pm. Visit our website for online reservations, or stop in the Visitors Center this weekend!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This pleasant ride takes you to the sites in Lexington & Concord that were so memorable from the beginning of the Revolution. Guides are knowledgeable & humorous. You can board in Lexington Center & get access to the Historical Society information office & to many good restaurants. Check out Ranc's for homemade icecream!

1  Thank gaylespeck

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent way to tour Lexington and Concord. Guide was fun, informative and entertaining. We were so glad we did this instead of just touring on our own. Try to take earliest tour time so you can go back after and check out some of the sites along the route. We ran out of time.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I along with our 2 sons took this ride. We tried to take the 10:00 ride, but tickets there were not enough tickets for us when we arrived at 9:45. We purchased tickets for the 11:30 ride then went to the Hancock-Clarke house for a 10:00 tour to pass the time. It finished just before 11 and it was enough time for everyone to take a bathroom break and get a snack before getting on the trolley. The tour is 90 minutes, but it's broken up a bit with a short walk into the Minute Man National Park to talk about the Old North Bridge and the battle there. My husband and I very much enjoyed the tour, but it was too long for our kids, ages 10 & 5. They really did not like it.
The only comment I have is just be aware the information provided by the tour guides at many of the places is all pretty much the same. As mentioned we took the trolley, and visited the Hancock-Clarke house, and we also visited Buckman Tavern. The tour guide on the trolley had the most information because it was the longest tour, but we heard the same information from all 3 guides. To us, it wasn't a big deal because the buildings were also very cool to go into, but if you can't make all the buildings just know that you probably didn't miss much of what there were going to tell you anyway :)
I also liked that along with the tickets, they give you a couple of brochures for discounts to local businesses. We were able to use a few of them and save some money!

1  Thank DVCMama
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently stopped in to do the Liberty ride. I was very pleased with the amount of information relayed on the tour. It was a fun and engaging way to learn about the history of our country. The tour guide who was on the trolley was very energetic and fun. However, I found Masha (organizer of Liberty Ride) to be quite short tempered and rude. Masha acted annoyed when asked any questions about the ride and her tone when replying was almost condescending (answering my questions in a tone that made me feel like I was stupid for asking). All I have to say is if you don't enjoy helping others to enjoy their vacation, get out of your profession.

2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We toured with Pat who was entertaining and informative. The tour did exactly what we wanted. It gave us a sampling of attractions. We returned the next day to further visit our special points of interest.