“Great ride”

and up
Go Boston Card
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Liberty Ride: A guided trolley tour of historic Lexington & Concord. Visit the birthplaces of American liberty and 19th century literature! Board a classic trolley for a ride along the scenic Battle Road while your costumed guide recounts the exciting events of April 19, 1775 and the literary legacy that defined American identity and culture. Weekends April and May and daily Memorial Day through October 29, 2017. 90-minute tours leave from the Lexington Visitors Center [1875 Massachusetts Ave] at 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1 pm and 2:30 pm. Visit our website for online reservations, or stop in the Visitors Center this weekend!
Jacksonville, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great ride”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I along with our 2 sons took this ride. We tried to take the 10:00 ride, but tickets there were not enough tickets for us when we arrived at 9:45. We purchased tickets for the 11:30 ride then went to the Hancock-Clarke house for a 10:00 tour to pass the time. It finished just before 11 and it was enough time for everyone to take a bathroom break and get a snack before getting on the trolley. The tour is 90 minutes, but it's broken up a bit with a short walk into the Minute Man National Park to talk about the Old North Bridge and the battle there. My husband and I very much enjoyed the tour, but it was too long for our kids, ages 10 & 5. They really did not like it.
The only comment I have is just be aware the information provided by the tour guides at many of the places is all pretty much the same. As mentioned we took the trolley, and visited the Hancock-Clarke house, and we also visited Buckman Tavern. The tour guide on the trolley had the most information because it was the longest tour, but we heard the same information from all 3 guides. To us, it wasn't a big deal because the buildings were also very cool to go into, but if you can't make all the buildings just know that you probably didn't miss much of what there were going to tell you anyway :)
I also liked that along with the tickets, they give you a couple of brochures for discounts to local businesses. We were able to use a few of them and save some money!

1 Thank Tammy C

San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour, rude employee”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently stopped in to do the Liberty ride. I was very pleased with the amount of information relayed on the tour. It was a fun and engaging way to learn about the history of our country. The tour guide who was on the trolley was very energetic and fun. However, I found Masha (organizer of Liberty Ride) to be quite short tempered and rude. Masha acted annoyed when asked any questions about the ride and her tone when replying was almost condescending (answering my questions in a tone that made me feel like I was stupid for asking). All I have to say is if you don't enjoy helping others to enjoy their vacation, get out of your profession.

2 Thank Lisa M
Boca Raton, Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Pat was delightful”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We toured with Pat who was entertaining and informative. The tour did exactly what we wanted. It gave us a sampling of attractions. We returned the next day to further visit our special points of interest.

Palm Desert, CA
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Well worthy it!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

90 minute tram ride covering Lexington & Concord, with narration of the first day of the American Revolution. We stayed in Concord and picked up the tram on Monument Square. Saw many of the attractions and enjoyed a stop at the North Bridge area. I agree with others - just stay on the tram all the way around and then drive back to what you want explore further. $25 fee is good for two days and includes three houses' entrance fee in Lexington. Great introduction!

75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Great trolley tour and very informative”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We know a little American history but not enough. This tour seemed to be run by local enthusiasts and they took great pride in it and their community.

Our guide, Masha, was very knowledgable and the tour was super.

We did the 90 minute circuit. We hasn't much time left and no car so we we looked at Buckan Tavern and the Hancock house. We'd like to have done more.

Easy to get to from central Boston on the red line to Alewife and the the 76 or 62 buses to and from Lexington.

The regulars came and we left!!