“Super 8, Leominster has bed bugs”

Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Leominster
Harwinton, Connecticut
“Super 8, Leominster has bed bugs”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 8-31-2012 for (2) nights, I had been there several times before with no problems. This time was different, unbeknown to me the room was invested with bed bugs. I received approx 70 bites on my body from my toes to the top of my head. It took 2 plus weeks for the inflamed, red and blistery itch like heck bites to subside. I think the management is aware of the issue and have taken steps to solve the issue...BUT...checkout your room carefully. This was a very unpleasant situation.
Joe

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
upatel3550, General Manager at Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I truly apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay. We strive to provide the best, well maintained clean clean to all our guests. This creatures travel with customers and we try our level best and make sure we do through cleaning of rooms and do through checks before we rent the rooms so this issues do not arise at the Leominster Super 8. Once again i truly apologize for the inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed for 5 nights for the first time in Super8 in Leominster and had a great experience. I always had opinion about these motels and they proved me that I was wrong all along. Very courteous staff and the room was excellent. Hot water was never an issue as well as the internet/printer or break fast in the morning. I found sugar free syrup for the breakfast which was unique I thought and that shows the customer service. There were lot of older gentleman appreciating the thoughtfulness. I told the staff that I am coming back to stay in this hotel again even though I have a reward cards from Marriot. I am getting the same service for less than half the price. My stay has changed my perception. I have shared my experiences with my colleagues who travel Boston all the time. Thanks Super8 Leominster and great experience

Room Tip: I stayed on ground floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
upatel3550, General Manager at Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Springfield, Vermont
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I did NOT have a pleasant stay here. The rooms were quite musty, and worse, when I woke up I was covered with bites on my lower legs. Yup! BED BUGS! In one room at least.

This hotel is located in the curve of a busy highway and seems to be the favorite stay of transient workers.

The so-called "continental breakfast" was pitiful.

The internet worked about half the time (I was there a couple of weeks in different rooms).

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the Rt 2 side nor near an ice machine!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank allenk_007
I am extremely sorry this happened to you during your stay and we will rectify and resolve the issue at hand and make sure it does not happen again. Sorry about the inconvenience once again.

Travelers are raving about these Leominster hotels

Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've stayed at the Super 8 in Leominster several times in the last 5 years and have always had positive experiences! Great value for the price - especially when booking online with the various travel websites a few months in advance! The rooms have been updated recently and are quite clean. The business center is handy for printing out boarding passes for next day flights out, continental breakfast (or going to Friendly's next door) is very convenient. Free internet is a huge plus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed August 6, 2012

A nice, clean motel with a helpful staff. Easy on/off from Rt. 2. There are a number of restaurants within a mile. They have a good, basic breakfast. I have stayed here several times over the years and it's a great value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

In area for grandson's wedding for 4 days and did not want to pay 95.00 + at hotel where it was taking place. Friendly and excellent staff. Clean, neat rooms. I travel a lot and usually get motel that I can back my car right up to door and from pictures thought this was one. Was disappointed at first, but requested and got one on first floor, close to the door, so that I did not have to walk too far. Will stay there again when in the area. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
upatel3550, General Manager at Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Lititz
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This Super 8 is clean and the rooms have been updated with nice a/c units. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The location is convenient and near many restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from route 2
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
The International
The International
#1 of 1 in Bolton
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)

Been to Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area? Share your experiences!