“Maintenance Problems”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Leominster
Centerville, United States
“Maintenance Problems”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel. Each time on business. The first time everything was fine but the subsequent stays were not as good. Once the hot tub was down and this last time the pool was not working and two of the three elevators were out of order. This is a little unexceptable to me.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here on business travel while participating in training at Fitchburg State University. There are renovations ongoing, which was not apparent at all to me during my stay. The nightly rate was rather expensive, but I think it might have been because I booked so late. The room was everything I would expect from a Hilton-branded hotel. There was even the faint scent of something nice in the room, although I am not sure where it was coming from. Free wi-fi in the room, which is why I keep coming back to Hilton. My stays with Hilton are usually for business, so having the internet and not having to pay extra for it is a bonus. Breakfast was included with my rate, which was great, although the service was mediocre. The room I had, although being close to the elevator, was extraordinarily quiet - I usually sleep with ear plugs, even at home, but I didn't have to bother with that during this stay.

The warm cookie at check-in was really nice and I think that I noticed a security guard while I was there - good thing to have in Leominster.

The exterior of the hotel is dated and rather boring and were it not for the breakfast service I encountered, I would give this location 5 stars. In fact, 4 stars is not quite enough for the actual rating - 4.5 stars would be more appropriate

Room Tip: There aren't any rooms that have access to side exits, so you'll have to park where you can...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
plano, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent experience.. great staff .. The quality of the dinner food was very good. Breakfast was a major plus, the selection was perfect. Greeted at the Front desk with a warm cookie, wow, very tasty

Boulder
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel when it was a Sheraton. I returned in the fall of 2013 and enjoyed my stay just as much under the new company (Double Tree) management. Everything was very clean and comfortable. I found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the work out facilities as well. One of the things I enjoy is that it is a top notch hotel in an area where there are not many top notch choices. Why take a chance. I'm a woman traveling alone and want to feel secure in my hotel and enjoy the hotel amenities. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rockland, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having visited for several business trips I have found this to have been a consistently well -run facility with a pleasant and immaculate standard.of presentation and service. It is located in a great setting for 'leaf peeping' in the Fall and a perfect New England area for relaxing day rides to galleries, museums, roadside fruit stands, etc... MUST return with family for the area offerings and service at a fine facility among friendly people!

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have stayed here in the past when it was 4 points.... regardless of a name, I was shocked at how badly it has changed. While staff was very friendly in person, when I had to call the front desk there definitely was an attitude. The Heat was on to furnace level, and I could not adjust it down, 1st call, to desk, slight attitude, but then I felt dumb (Not her fault) 'cause I was messing with the dials on the actual unit, hadn't even seen the one on the wall... but even then the heat kept pouring in, even though I had the A/C on as low as it would go. 2nd call to desk, definite attitude but they did send someone up right away, He was very friendly, and efficient. Went down to the restaurant/bar just to give the room time to cool, Staff there was very friendly, even made me laugh. Back up to room, tried to get onto the web, and back to 3rd call to desk, as the info card in room gave the wrong info.... more attitude... but I got the password but the service to both the web and the t.v. kept going out. I gave up. As for cleanliness, yeah, big disappointment, floor was not clean, bathroom was stained and I had to clean the toilet seat before I would sit on it.... not gross, but definitely a swipe it and call it clean thing.... the beadspread felt and looked dirty. THANKFULLY the sheets and pillows WERE clean. though there were burn holes in the blanket and the bed lumpy. I WILL NOT waste my money... twice what I paid just a couple weeks ago at a little hole in wall dive place that was old and battered but clean and all staff went out of their way to be helpful (not in the same area)..... on this place again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Karin D
Suzanne F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Karin,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and guestroom comfort and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. After 12 years the hotel is currently undergoing a complete renovation and we are addressing both product and service to ensure the best experience for all guests. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. We apologize we did not meet your expectations at this visit and we will use your comments in our training with our associates.

Thank you again for your candid remarks it will only help us to improve for all of our guests.

Regards,

Suzanne Farias
Tampa
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very accommodating, helpful staff. Hotel definitely needs updating, but since renovations are about to start, not fair to judge. Restaurant service VERY slow, limited menu. Food that is on the menu is quite good. There are problems controlling temperature in the restaurant (we were all wearing our coats) and in some of the meeting rooms. Rooms & bathrooms very clean. Business center is a joke. It's set up right by the lobby doors and underneath a TV: loud, cold and more for surfing than working. With the renovations, this will hopefully be addressed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Colonial Hotel
Colonial Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gardner
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Courtyard Boston Littleton
The International
The International
#1 of 1 in Bolton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster? Share your experiences!