“First time - will go again”
Review of Al Dente Pizzaria - CLOSED

Al Dente Pizzaria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Holden, Massachusetts
“First time - will go again”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My daughter, grandson and I went on Sat evening. Not too many in the restaurant for a Sat. I had the delicious special of Chicken Mediterranean with chicken, black olives,broccoli, tomatoes,mushrooms, spinach and feta cheese on penne with a wine butter sauce. An enormous portion and more than enough left for a dinner at home. Slightly under-seasoned for my taste but a bit of salt and Parmesan cheese was all it needed. My daughter had ravioli with marinara sauce. Lovely large ravioli but the marinara sauce did not appeal to either one of us. My grandson loved his penne with butter and a meatball. Wonderful rolls and olive oil dip. Great, friendly service and water glasses kept filled. Very reasonable prices. As opposed to another reviewer's comments I think the atmosphere needs updating. To me it looks unfinished.I want to try their pizza as I am always on the lookout for a great Italian pizza which is hard to find in this area. Most of the pizzas seem to be Greek and there is a difference.

• Visited September 2012

Newington, New Hampshire
“Still love it”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have visited Al Dente a few times and still love it. The Calzones are my go to dinner. The waitresses are always friendly

Visited July 2012
Ashburnham, Massachusetts
“Food was good but furnishings were sticky”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Have visited a few times and enjoyed our dinners. A Good value and family oriented. The problem I have here which had me score as average was the table tops and surroundings appear clean but chairs and pulling yourself up to the table furnishings feel tacky and sticky. I don't know if it's because the furnishings are aged and just need a good scrubbing but it's just a pet peeve of mine. It keeps me from rushing back. I do admit though the food here is very good.

• Visited September 2011
“This Restaurant is Just Right”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife and I love going to "Al Dente" (incorrectly titled "Aldente" Trip Advisor!). This place is a cozy restaurant that does Italian food right. The place is always clean and the artwork, wall murals, and lighting all create a very Venetian atmosphere. The food is reasonably priced ($10-20 for a dish) and the portions are enormous! Two of us can barely finish a medium-sized pizza, and I an put food down with the best of 'em! The service is always prompt, with check-ins and refills when you need them. If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing place to grab some great food, check out Al Dente.