“A typically unimpressive "upscale" central MA restaurant”
Review of Rye and Thyme

Rye and Thyme
Ranked #6 of 134 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mechanic
Reviewed April 10, 2013

By which, I mean, a totally middling dining experience in a faux upscale atmosphere. I live in central MA and this place is full of these kinds of establishments; they have the right idea, they do pretty well on "the look" and then they hire some yokel to cook totally unremarkable food with a totally unimpressive presentation. I've ordered numerous dishes off the menu (I purchased a Groupon of some sort soon after my first visit for drinks, at which time I was impressed with the atmosphere and menu offerings, so I had $200 to spend) and all of them were 3 star at best. They sound great, but they fail to deliver anything remarkable. They do have an extensive set of taps, but their choices aren't very adventurous, so don't get your hopes too high there either. All in all, if you're happy eating at Chili's, this is a step up with better atmosphere and similar food. The bartenders are hit or miss, I had great ones and I had ones that were too busy flirting with waitresses.

This review is for the downstairs bar area. I have not ventured upstairs since it was Monument Grille.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Last night 4 of us went to dinner. We arrived at the restaurant about 7:15 and was told it would be a 25 minute wait. We went downstairs for cocktails and waited 15 minutes before our drink order was taken and we were seated at the bar. One hour later I checked on our reservation and finally our table was ready. Our food was cold (swordfish) the pork chop dinner was ok and the seafood pasta dish was awful. The server was ok but no personality. I'm thinking that we won't return.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I looked on TripAdvisor and Yelp to find someplace different than the chain restaurants and both sites had enough to say to pique my interest. I went on a Monday night, sat at the bar for a drink and dinner and Richie did a great job (Irish bartender), had the fish & chips. I decided to go back again on Wednesday night and brought a couple of colleagues with, sat at the bar again for a drink and dinner. This time I had the beef & ale, and it was really good. The draught cellar was open this night so we went down for another beer and to see what it was all about. Pretty cool bar with good karaoke (compared to the people who think they can sing but really can't). Overall atmosphere between the upstairs and the cellar were very much to my liking. It can be tough to find but well worth the effort.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went with a friend! Had great review from my daughter! She was right!
Delicious! Our waiter was wonderful! He was engaging, informative, pleasant, etc.!
Food was excellent! I had steak. It was fantastic?

Don't miss this place! Can't wait for good weather to sit outdoors!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Dont waste your time. The service was the worst I've experienced in some time. The waiter had a very flat affect was not at all pleasant. We went for an early dinner 5pm only few tables seated. It took 15 minutes for our first drink order to arrive. We got some bread about 1/2 hour later. The food was not good at all and the menu was very limited. Even if someone gave me a gift card I wouldn't go back there!!! Go to Subway across the street you will have a much better experience.

2  Thank workhardplayhard13